X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
    Couple of things.

Email notification

Cam name NetCam001 is it possible to have the name that was given to the camera eg FrontPorch instead of NetCam001.

When viewing the snapshots in chrome/safari/firefox the bottom hs banner is to the right of the images and not below.

Also would be nice to be able to delete individual images from the snapshot page.
    Yes, I planned on adding the camera name to the e-mail notification.

I think the issue with Firefox is it treats the style="float:left;" differently than IE. I'll get this fixed for the next release.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Email does not seem to be going out?

First I want to say thanks for building this plug in. I have been messing with my cameras and gave up on using them with HS - just too hard before this plug in.

Only issue - I have an event that fires when my door is opened, the plug in takes the photos, in my log it say email sent but I don't recieve the email.

I have other events that send email and I tried one after not receiving anything from this plug-in and they work fine.

Checked my email addressees info, I have send emails turned on, re-started HS but still no joy.

Any ideas?

PS. Any plans on supporting D-Link Cameras or any plans to support snapshots when the camera detects motion as a trigger (not sure that is possible)?

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
        First I want to say thanks for building this plug in. I have been messing with my cameras and gave up on using them with HS - just too hard before this plug in.

Only issue - I have an event that fires when my door is opened, the plug in takes the photos, in my log it say email sent but I don't recieve the email.

I have other events that send email and I tried one after not receiving anything from this plug-in and they work fine.

Checked my email addressees info, I have send emails turned on, re-started HS but still no joy.

Any ideas?
        It sounds like your e-mail provider may be blocking the e-mail as spam? Try removing the URL links from the e-mail body template to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
          PS. Any plans on supporting D-Link Cameras or any plans to support snapshots when the camera detects motion as a trigger (not sure that is possible)?
          Any camera should work that supports JPG snapshots. I plan on adding a trigger for the foscams when they detect motion as they have a hidden feature to send an HTTP request to a custom URL.

I could do the same for any other camera that has a trigger (HTTP request or TCP request). I would just need access to the camera API docs.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Excellent work Ultrajones.
            I haven't installed your plugin yet, but I can tell that this will allow many others to connect their security cams with homeseer.
            I already have all the features you are developing into a plugin using the netcam plugin , scripts, asp/aspx pages, and adding to the netcam aspx pages.
            This plugin will streamline the procedure. I am using the highslide JS to pop the pictures up. I also have the Foscam clone Apexis cams and am using the HTTP notifications to trigger upon movement into an asp page for processing.
            http://server&port/alarm.asp?device=A23&action=On
            I keep the last 30 days, script the rollover and purge each night.
            My static pics on the netcam display page and my footer pop up to streaming video using the videostream.cgi. The bronco pic is a video stream.
            I use firefox, as IE sucks and will only use the activeX object to stream.
            It has been working great for awhile now.

Your plugin does have all the features that I want for security cams and when I get to it I will try it. Right now there is too much to change over, and other projects beckon me. Here's a couple pics of my setup.

Again, you are doing a professional job that puts the netcam plugin to shame...
            Attached Files
            3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Email does not seem to be going out? - fixed

That was it, removing the URL links from the e-mail body template resolved the issue.

I have the action set up to take 3 photos (1 second apart), is there anyway to have it email me all three photos when the event is fired?

Great plug-in, recommend changing your name to SuperUltra Jones....

Happy to buy when you are ready.....

Comment

Another feature request.

Could you add the option to save the latest capture of each camera to homeseer devices and link the device picture to the relevant snapshot page?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Brian. I have never been a fan of showing anything other than a 32x32 icon in the Homeseer status page. I'll have to think about this request a bit more.

In the meantime, the URL for the latest snapshot is constant. It is in this format:

\html\Images\hspi_ultranetcam\snapshots\NetCamNNN\last_snapshot.jpg

Where NNN is the camera number from 001 to 999.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

As info

Installed and testing.

I created an event that takes 2 pictures 5 seconds apart then emails (from a single cam the only one installed at the moment). First test - 2 separate emails with one pic each came in. Quite a delay between the 2 emails.

Second test - only one email came in - also seeming to have a delay that could be from my ISP but... not sure yet.

Third test - only one email - another delay of possibly 2 minutes before it came in.

Comment

Perhaps there werent supposed to be 2 emails. Looking now, the 2 emails that came in list separate event numbers. Maybe as if the event ran 2x.

Edit: Looking back I see that the event had run 2x one minute apart. Suppose I must have manually triggered 2x.

Comment

UltraJones, First off, SWEET PLUGIN!!! Great Work!

I was wondering if there is a way to trigger the motion component with the Foscam FI8910W? Right now, I have to trigger off another motion sensor to get the camera to capture. Is there a way to trigger the motion sensor off this so it can be used for both the camera and also as a motion trigger for turning on lights at night, etc???

Also, a nice tidbit for everyone whatI am doing.
                        If you have used dropbox before, you know that it only syncs one folder. I installed "Dropbox Folder Sync" (http://satyadeepk.in/dropbox-folder-sync/) and can take the snapshots folder and redirect it to the dropbox folder. What then happens is that when a snapshot is taken, it's immediately synced to dropbox...

This way, if you are away from home, you can browse your whole catalog from another computer with dropbox...

Thanks!
                        Steve

Comment

Feature Request

Feature request - when viewing the snapshots in HS for a given camera, it would be nice to have a button for "take a capture now". This button should only save the file locally and not email it. Or perhaps have an options page configuration choice to email the instant grabs or not.

This plugin is working very well so far - Adding the friendly name as Brian suggested earlier will be great. Also - the HS netcam plugin has a nice listing of sample config options for different camera brands. Might be nice to add something similar for easy reference.

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremesteve View Post
                            UltraJones, First off, SWEET PLUGIN!!! Great Work!

I was wondering if there is a way to trigger the motion component with the Foscam FI8910W? Right now, I have to trigger off another motion sensor to get the camera to capture. Is there a way to trigger the motion sensor off this so it can be used for both the camera and also as a motion trigger for turning on lights at night, etc???
                            Thanks!
                            Steve
                            Yes, I just added this feature for the Foscam cameras. Works pretty well. See this post for details: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=45

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Last edited by Ultrajones; September 8, 2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

So far so great ...

Hi Everyone,

I installed first thing this am for 8 Foscams and set an event to have each camera take a snapshot every 5 minutes.

So far error free and some neat galleries starting to appear. Another great UltraJones plug in for sure.

Nice to haves maybe?

- a way to watch saved snapshots in movie format?
                              - when viewing snapshots in large view, a next / prev option? (to see next or prev saved snapshot)
                              - +1 vote for last snapshot to go to a HS device (handy for HSTouch)
                              - A conglomerated page of last screen shots from all cameras?

Still thinking, loving it so far.

thanks

Mark

Comment

I just posted an update that adds:

1) E-mail template support for $camera_name in both subject and body.
                                2) Foscam alarm motion triggers.

See first post for download.

You can enable the alarm trigger on the Foscam NetCams as follows:
                                http://{camera IP address}:{camera port}/set_alarm.cgi?http=1&http_url=http://{IP Address of HomeSeer}/hspi_ultranetcam/hspi_ultranetcam.aspx?trigger=alarm&user=admin&pwd=password

Note: The user and pwd are for the Foscam and not HomeSeer.

Once it has been set, you enable/disable the feature using the following:

http://{camera IP address}:{camera port}/set_alarm.cgi?http=1&user=admin&pwd=password
                                http://{camera IP address}:{camera port}/set_alarm.cgi?http=0&user=admin&pwd=password

You can use the UltraNetCam CGI HomeSeer event action to automated enabling/disabling the alarm notification.

To trigger a HomeSeer event, select "UltraNetCam Alarm Trigger", then select the Camera that will trigger then event.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Regards,
                                Ultrajones
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X