UltraNetCam HSPI - In Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    You may need a firmware update. Run http:{yourcameraip}/get_params.cgi and check if you have the following in the output:

var alarm_http=
    var alarm_http_url=

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Here's the values, looks like both are available.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good info on the dropbox sync - works great

Thanks Steve, good tip - using dropbox to store my snapshots solves a problem for me since I don't have access to an FTP site - works great, thx again

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Ultrajones, looking forward to this integration. This would make a great addition to your plug-in. Being able to look a a small video clip on my phone would be great instead of each single picture. Now days with plenty of bandwidth and smart phones I see it as a great feature to have. I'm sure lot of other people would love this feature as well.

Thanks,
        Aldo
        This is now working and is pretty sweet! I have a HomeSeer event that takes 60 snapshots when motion is detected. I can now view the MP4 video of the captured event on my iPhone instead of trying to log into HomeSeer to view a bunch of snapshots
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones, you are fantastic, I can not wait to install it this week.

Thanks again,
          Aldo

Comment

Am I thick?

Where is next / previous?

In IE and Chrome I cannot seem to click anywhere either.

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Only if they are together in an "Event" will you be able to click left and right side of picture to advance or go back. Just click off to the right and left.

I think some of us are looking for functionality that is in the Free plugin. I know I expected to have AT LEAST the ability I had previously. It is nice to have new cool features but I miss what I had.

The simple things like deleting from within the viewing area by tagging the individual pics.

Also being able to take a picrure from the viewing area is missing.

I suppose I could just open an Explorer window to where they are located - hadn't thought of that yet.

Comment

The Foscam FI9820W Megapixel H.264 NetCam was tested and works with the UltraNetCam HSPI. You simply need to change the NetCam Snapshot Path from /snapshot.cgi to /tmpfs/snap.jpg

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                What about the videostream part, or is that not used at this time? I just started setting this up, and testing a FI9820W.

Also, did you get anywhere with your efforts to set up the alarm capabilities of the FI9820W?
                Last edited by Automated; September 10, 2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                  What about the videostream part, or is that not used at this time? I just started setting this up, and testing a FI9820W.

Also, did you get anywhere with your efforts to set up the alarm capabilities of the FI9820W?
                  The alarm capability is working on the MPEG Foscam cameras. Foscam support wasn't sure if/when HTTP alarm trigger would be added to the H.264 network cameras. So far, I am not that thrilled with my FI9820W purchase.

Videostream isn't supported by this plug-in. I only included it on the camera config in case I wanted to provide the link to the camera video stream.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The alarm capability is working on the MPEG Foscam cameras. Foscam support wasn't sure if/when HTTP alarm trigger would be added to the H.264 network cameras. So far, I am not that thrilled with my FI9820W purchase.

Videostream isn't supported by this plug-in. I only included it on the camera config in case I wanted to provide the link to the camera video stream.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    OK, thanks. Yes, I am finding out quickly that this firmware is about half-baked. Oh well, for the price I guess it is OK, considering it is 720p. With any luck, a newer firmware will improve the situation at some point.

Comment

The next version will required you to delete the database and re-save all events. I'll post is this weekend.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Attached Files

Comment

The latest beta is available for testing. I would like a few testers before general release. Please contact me at ultrajones@homtail.com if interested.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
                          Here's the values, looks like both are available.

After further checking it appears it may be my firmware, but the bad news for me is I can't upgrade. I have version 11.15.2.17 and it appear you can't upgrade. Looks like it's time for a new camera.
                          Last edited by Thickman; September 15, 2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by markesdale View Post
                            Where is next / previous?

In IE and Chrome I cannot seem to click anywhere either.

Mark
                            The next and prev icons don't show in IE. Not sure why at this point. The next and prev actions don't work unless you are viewing pictures that are part of a snapshot event. In addition, all pictures that are part of the snapshot event must be visible to view the entire snapshot event. If there is only one picture in the snapshot event, then the next and prev actions won't work. I may be changing this behavior if I end up creating a web page to manage snapshot events (delete all snapshots for an event, view the mp4 video of snapshot event, etc.).

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

set_alarm.cgi

Had a little time today and did some investigating on the set_alarm.cgi. To be able to set the alarm_http & alarm_http_url I have to pass the entire alarm var's including the schedule info like this.

http://68.##.##.##:##/set_alarm.cgi?
                              motion_armed=1&motion_sensitivity=0&input_armed=0&ioin_level =0&iolinkage=0&ioout_level=0
                              &mail=0&upload_interval=0&http=0&http_url=&schedule_enable=& schedule_sun_0=&schedule_sun_1=
                              &schedule_sun_2=&schedule_mon_0=&schedule_mon_1=&schedule_mo n_2=&schedule_tue_0=&schedule_tue_1=
                              &schedule_tue_2=&schedule_wed_0=&schedule_wed_1=&schedule_we d_2=&schedule_thu_0=&schedule_thu_1=
                              &schedule_thu_2=&schedule_fri_0=&schedule_fri_1=&schedule_fr i_2=&schedule_sat_0=&schedule_sat_1=&schedule_sat_2=

By doing this I can set the alarm_http & alarm_http_url. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if I can get the capture to work.

Comment

UltraNetCam HSPI version 1.1.4642.35808 has been posted. If you are upgrading to version 1.1.4642.35808 or greater, you’ll need to manually delete your database, snapshot directory and recreate any events.

Remove: {HomeSeer Root}\data\UltraNetCam\ultranetcam.db3
                                Remove: {HomeSeer Root}\html\Images\hspi_ultranetcam\snapshots
                                Recreate All UltraNetCam HomeSeer Events.

This is release candidate 1.

Once installed, you'll need to manually create the NetCam Types (UltraNetCam > Types). The final release will have a list of cameras to choose from.

Once you have the NetCam type defined, you can create the NetCam devices (NetCam > Devices) you have installed in your home.

If you want to convert shapshots to mp4 videos, please download either the 32bit or 64bit static FFmpeg Windows Builds. The URL is listed on the options web page. Once downloaded, put the ffmpeg.exe file (about 20 MB) in the HomeSeer root directory.

Note: At this point, the archive option in the "UltraNetCam Event Snapshots" doesn't do anything. All other features should be working.

Please let me know if you have any questions or find an issues.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones
                                Last edited by Ultrajones; September 16, 2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X