Testing with FI9805W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing with FI9805W

I'm testing ultranetcam3 with the Foscam FI9805W camera.
    It seems that everything is setup like it should

If i select the Cameras tab and click on refresh i''ll get the current picture of the cam.

I tried to use the take snapshot functionality on the device but nothing happens.
    I tried triggering the take snapshot with an event, but no snapshots are created.

something i''m doing wrong?

All the tests you just describe take a *single* snapshot which only updates the picture in the Camera's root image directory. It sounds like you're looking to create a series of snapshots. If that is the case, you need to use the "Event Shapshot" HomeSeer action. Event snapshots allow you to take a series of snapshots, then provides options to e-mail, create video, archive or upload to an FTP site. As an example, I use an Event Snapshot to e-mail a video of anyone entering my garage when the motion sensor triggers.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

so if I understood it right, if you use the take snapshot from the event only the current snapshot is updated? No archive?

Comment

That is correct. You'll either need to manually archive the snapshot are simply use a snapshot event to do the archiving.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ah, a assumed it was like the standard NetCam plugin.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
          Next thing is indeed the video.

Comment

where do you need to place the ffmpeg files to get that working?

Comment

You'll see the download link from the Options web page.

Comment

I downloaded the 64bits static build.. getting 3x .exe
                No setup or something

Comment

Right, no setup. Simply plop the ffmpeg.exe in the HomeSeer3 root directory.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks!

I have still one other problem.

When i shutdown homeseer3 de HSPI_ultranetcam is crashing.
                    Code:
                    Faulting application name: HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.exe, version: 3.0.5069.22813, time stamp: 0x5288ffb5
                    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1008, time stamp: 0x517a1be7
                    Exception code: 0xc0000005
                    Fault offset: 0x00023326
                    Faulting process id: 0xd4c
                    Faulting application start time: 0x01cefe542a95626d
                    Faulting application path: C:\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.exe
                    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
                    Report Id: 40c78b91-6a52-11e3-a184-00012e34b020

Comment

Any idea?

running on windows 7 64bits.

Comment

Working...
                      X