Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebcamXP

Hi.
    I've been using HS2 for a little while now. I use WebcamXP (well actually Webcam7 but it works the same as XP) for my surveillance cameras.
    WebcamXP streams video but all cameras setup appear in one stream.
    I have SageWebcamXP plugin and interface that allows me to 'capture' detected motion and thereby run events. This setup works well for what I want.
    I hope to upgrade to HS3 but apparently Sage are not supporting HS3 with their plugins.
    I have looked at, and tried, UltraNetCam on HS3 and can set up my IP cameras. The problem I face is I have two analogue hard wired cameras feeding into USB adapters. I can capture these in WebcamXP but can't seem to see a way to capture them in UltraNetCam.
    So - a two part question, can non IP cameras feed into the plugin, or is there a way to capture the stream from WebcamXP?
    Cheers

WebcamXP

I use WebCamXP with both IP and analog cameras. It is running on my HS2 box. I use the NetCam plugin on HS3 on a different computer. You can connect NetCam to the WebCamXP analog cameras by using their WebCamXP IP address. This works nicely for capturing pictures using other HS3 triggers. But no motion detection from the camera. I rely on WebCamXP to capture motion and store the photos/video.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

One of the events I have uses motion detection on a camera to turn on the lights at the rear of my house when anybody drives up to the house.
      I need to find a way to capture motion detection!

Comment

WebcamXP

I use an x10 motion detector to turn on the lights. It also triggers a photo on my driveway camera.

WebCamXP will allow you to trigger an external application when it detects motion. I believe you can use a script or asp page to trigger a HomeSeer action. I have not tried this.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          I use an x10 motion detector to turn on the lights. It also triggers a photo on my driveway camera.

WebCamXP will allow you to trigger an external application when it detects motion. I believe you can use a script or asp page to trigger a HomeSeer action. I have not tried this.

Steve Q

Hmmmm - food for thought. At the moment WebcamXP is on a separate PC, the USB adapter drivers use a lot of resource! Once I get things 'settled' I may move it back to the server where HomeSeer resides.

Comment

Working...
          X