Timing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Question

UJ, I use the plugin in HS3 to grab a series of snapshots when an event occurs. I then want to use my Twitter plugin to post the latest snapshot to Twitter. Right now I'm grabbing last_snapshot.jpg from the relevant folder, but it seems to be quite a bit older than my event.

Event triggers
    UltraNetcam3: Grab 5 snapshots, one per second
    Wait 6 seconds
    Send tweet with last_snapshot.jpg

So you think I just need to increase my wait time a little to give your plugin more time to write the last_snapshot.jpg file? Is it written "asap" or is there a specific delay what I can account for? I've tried increasing the "Wait" time to 10 seconds but stil don't get the right file.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Hello. There seems to be a bit of confusion on what action causes the refresh of the last_snapshot.jpg for a camera. The only thing that refreshes that snapshot is the "UltraNetCam3: Take Snapshot" event action or clicking "Refresh All Cameras" button on the Camera web page.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      UJ, I use the plugin in HS3 to grab a series of snapshots when an event occurs. I then want to use my Twitter plugin to post the latest snapshot to Twitter. Right now I'm grabbing last_snapshot.jpg from the relevant folder, but it seems to be quite a bit older than my event.

Event triggers
      UltraNetcam3: Grab 5 snapshots, one per second
      Wait 6 seconds
      Send tweet with last_snapshot.jpg

So you think I just need to increase my wait time a little to give your plugin more time to write the last_snapshot.jpg file? Is it written "asap" or is there a specific delay what I can account for? I've tried increasing the "Wait" time to 10 seconds but stil don't get the right file.
      This was actually a bug. File.Copy was overwriting the last snapshot/thumbnail files, but was not updating the timestamp (which I cannot explain). This is fixed in the next release.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the update UJ. I'll keep an eye on the updater.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

UltraNetCam3 HSPI version 3.0.5173.25290 was just posted to the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
          X