Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping camera's??

Hi Ultra (or anyone else),

I have a couple of Foscam camera's I would like to swap.
    They are both in the plugin, but I have quite a few events that control each of them that I don't want to have to re-add.

I was thinking of swapping the static IP's on the camera. Will this work? Or is the mac address in the plugin somewhere??

OR

Leave the ip's as they are on the camera's, and swap the ip's (and camera name) on the device page of the plugin might be better??

Cheers

J

Yes, it's the mac addresses that identifies the camera.
    [list][*]Turn off the old camera.[*]Let let the plug-in discover the new camera.[*]Edit the new camera, then put the mac address into your copy buffer.[*]Delete the new camera.[*]Edit the old camera and change the mac address to the new camera.[*]Edit any credentials as required.[*]Turn on the camera.

Regards,
    ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks! But they are both already in the plugin.
      I looked at the .ini file but no mac's
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow, I am losing it. Yes, just change the IP address of the camera. That will allow the new camera to use the HomeSeer device of the old camera.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yup that works.!!
          Works really well this plugin - big part of my security. Thanks.
          J

Comment

Working...
          X