Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PurgeFTPArchive Error

Hi Randy,

I used to use my own FTP routines to backup camera event snapshots to my FTP server, but last night I setup the FTP functionality within the plugin and am getting these messages on a frequent basis:

Apr-22 5:46:48 AM 1 Error System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.SyncRequestCallback(Object obj) at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.RequestCallback(Object obj) at System.Net.CommandStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at System.IO.Stream.Close() at System.IO.Stream.Dispose() at System.Net.ConnectionPool.Destroy(PooledStream pooledStream) at System.Net.ConnectionPool.PutConnection(PooledStream pooledStream, Object owningObject, Int32 creationTimeout, Boolean canReuse) at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.FinishRequestStage(RequestStage stage) at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPclient.GetStringResponse( FtpWebRequest ftp) at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPclient.ListDirectoryDetai l(String directory) at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.hspi_plugin.PurgeFTPArchives()
    Apr-22 5:46:48 AM 1 Error System.Net.WebException

Any ideas on what causes that? The ftp account I configured has full access to the ftp server.

Thanks
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Hello Al,

What type of FTP server are you using? I want to see if I can duplicate this ...
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Hello Al,

What type of FTP server are you using? I want to see if I can duplicate this ...
      Hi Randy, I'm not sure as its provided by my hosting account. I'll see if I can find out. I should be able to create a test account for you if needed. I'll send you an email with the details to keep it off the board.

Thanks
      Al

Comment

Hi Randy, I've been using Filezilla to connect to my ftp server and with it, I can see that sometimes it does not return a directory listing. Not sure what's causing it. How often does the plugin run that routine? Can you intercept that error and maybe put a warning in the log instead?

Thanks
        Al

Comment

It's checked about once every 12 minutes. How often are you seeing that error?
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            It's checked about once every 12 minutes. How often are you seeing that error?
            Typically about 3 to 5 times a day.

Comment

Working...
            X