FFMPEG file location for plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFMPEG file location for plugin?

I have downloaded the latest static ffmpeg build but I don't see how I tell the plugin where the binaries are located. An admittedly quick scan of the pdf from the install and this forum didn't seem to have a section on that issue nor do I see it in the config.

I will continue to look but also raising a flag for assistance

I'm having a similar issue. I also installed the ffmpeg program today and the plugin is not recognizing that it is installed.

I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdTIDHm4KM as a guide to install with one change where I put the ffmpeg folder into the homeseerhs3 directory rather than just c drive. I know it is running because when I type ffmpeg -version into a command prompt it indicates that it is installed and running per the video instruction.

Has anyone had any luck getting this element of the plugin to work?

Comment

bump.

Anyone have any luck with the ffmpeg feature in this plugin?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I missed this post. Are you running Windows or Linux?

The FFmpeg binary must be installed in the HomeSeer root directory. If the plug-in finds it, the FFmpeg Status on the options web page changes to "Installed".

I may not have tested FFmpeg on Linux. If you're using Linux, can you point me to the binary you downloaded so I can test it?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am running windows 10

The directory path for the ffmpeg is as follows:

C:\HomeSeerHS3\ffmpeg

Attached are a couple of screenshots.
          Attached Files

Comment

Locate the ffmpeg.exe file in the c:\HomeSeerHS3\ffmpep\bin directory and put it into HomeSeer's root directory (c:\HomeSeerHS3).

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

ok so I copied and pasted that file into the root directory and it now says 'installed' on the settings page of the plugin.

I've set up an event that should send the video file via email and archive it to folder c:\archive but it is not doing either.

email: The email comes, but there is no video. In my settings, I am set up to convert the snapshots to video if there are more than 10 which in this event there are.

archive: There is nothing in the archive directory.

Incidentally, when this event previously set up to send a photo, it did so just fine so the event and the email itself is working. It is creating the 15 snapshots which are viewable in the event snapshots page of the plugin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
                ok so I copied and pasted that file into the root directory and it now says 'installed' on the settings page of the plugin.

I've set up an event that should send the video file via email and archive it to folder c:\archive but it is not doing either.

email: The email comes, but there is no video. In my settings, I am set up to convert the snapshots to video if there are more than 10 which in this event there are.

archive: There is nothing in the archive directory.

Incidentally, when this event previously set up to send a photo, it did so just fine so the event and the email itself is working. It is creating the 15 snapshots which are viewable in the event snapshots page of the plugin.
                I recall someone else reporting a similar issue, but I don't recall what the resolution was. Can you try increasing the snapshot count to 60 to see if a video is generated?

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I moved it to 60 and it worked. A video was generated. I have since moved the number back to what I originally had and have played around with different combinations of settings (convert snapshot event to video if event contains more than x number of snapshots) and number of snapshots in events and it all seems to be working fine now even the combo that I had which was not previously working. Very happy that this now working

The other issue that I have been experiencing is with the archive and ftp archive options. I have tried to set it up so that the files are saved but have had no success. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X