Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 41 Unauthorized

Hi all,

I'm new to this and just got the Hometroller SEL one week ago. I am trying to get the Ultranetcam plug in to take a snap shot. The plug in found both cameras and when I set up an event to take a snapshot that is triggered by another motion sensor, I get no photo and the log shows the following. The same error occurs when using the auto refresh in the options menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Error 41 Unauthorized.

I am using the trial version to see if I want to purchase but I can't seem to make this work.
    The user name and password for the cameras are correct and verified. HSTouch on my phone can view video from the cameras.

Unauthorized error message

All,

Sorry the error is 401. Below is from the log

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Jul-11 4:23:47 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam002 [LivingRoom] failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Does trial version prohibit snapshots

I'm trying to figure out if my system is acting the way it is supposed to with the trial version. When I edit the camera the user name shows correctly, but the password box is empty. No ******'s , just blank. I put in the password and hit update but upon the next edit the box is again blank. So does the trail version prevent the taking of snapshots or is something set up wrong in my system. HSTouch can access the cameras without any issues. I would like to purchase this plugin if I can get it to work so that I can trigger alarms on my security system using either the security system motion sensors or the camera motion alarms.

Comment

The field is blank for me as well and I believe that's how it is intended to work. AFAIK all licensed plugins behave the same during the trial as they do after it has been licensed. Which make/model of camera are you trying to get working?

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've just started to test this out and can confirm that I can take - at least one snapshot.
          I too noticed the password field is blank if I edit the camera. But when I set it, it does in fact take it.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

new error message in log on reboot

System.ApplicationException: Unable to parse line: lrwxrwxrwx 1 jim users 21 Nov 11 2014 .dovecot.sieve -> sieve/roundcube.sieve at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPfileInfo..ctor (System.String line, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPdirectory..ctor (System.String dir, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPclient.ListDirectoryDetai l (System.String directory) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.hspi_plugin.PurgeFTPArchives () [0x00000] in :0

This error on reboot goes away when FTP archive is disabled, so it is not related to my issue.

Two camera are in use. One is hard wired through a switch to the main router, the other is connecting via 2.4GHz WIFI to the same main router. The hometroller SEL is connected to a router set up as a media bridge. The media bridge connects via the 5GHz band to the main router.. Both router are ASUS AC68P running Merlin firmware. I'll try moving the SEL to the other router just to see what happens.

With the SEL hard wired to the same switch as the camera, the results are still the same

Error 401 Unauthorized
            Last edited by ocxoman; July 12, 2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ocxoman View Post
              System.ApplicationException: Unable to parse line: lrwxrwxrwx 1 jim users 21 Nov 11 2014 .dovecot.sieve -> sieve/roundcube.sieve at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPfileInfo..ctor (System.String line, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPdirectory..ctor (System.String dir, System.String path) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.Utilities.FTP.FTPclient.ListDirectoryDetai l (System.String directory) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.hspi_plugin.PurgeFTPArchives () [0x00000] in :0

This error on reboot goes away when FTP archive is disabled, so it is not related to my issue.

Two camera are in use. One is hard wired through a switch to the main router, the other is connecting via 2.4GHz WIFI to the same main router. The hometroller SEL is connected to a router set up as a media bridge. The media bridge connects via the 5GHz band to the main router.. Both router are ASUS AC68P running Merlin firmware. I'll try moving the SEL to the other router just to see what happens.

With the SEL hard wired to the same switch as the camera, the results are still the same

Error 401 Unauthorized
              The FTP error above appears to be a results of using an FTP server that is either not following Internet standards or is not compatible with my FTP client.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by ocxoman View Post
                All,

Sorry the error is 401. Below is from the log

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Jul-11 4:23:47 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam002 [LivingRoom] failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. </td></tr></tbody></table>
                Can you provide me the URL you used when you configured the device? I want to confirm the user and password placeholder values are correct.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the help. I did not set up the URL in the plugin. It was found automatically by the plug in.
                  HSTouch server found the cameras also and after entering the user name and password, I can access them using the Android HSTouch app.

The URL shown is 192.168.1.60 with TCP port set to 10123. I have tried setting it to my DDNS with the same result. My user name has 3 letters only and my password consists of 5 letters followed by 4 numbers with no spaces.

Both cameras have static IP's configured in the camera settings. The router has been set up to forward port 10123 to 192.168.1.60.

The gateway and DNS server are both set to my primary router.

Is there a chance that my SEL has memory issues? I bought it through Amazon from HoomeSeer. My remote login sometimes fails using the app but always works when using keyboard, mouse and HDMI.

All of my network runs at Gbit speed except the interface to my Envisalink EVL3.

I tried to remove the plugin and reinstall. The following appeared in my log

Jul-18 5:58:19 PM 1 Error System.Net.WebException: Server returned an error: 530 Login incorrect. at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.Authenticate () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.OpenControlConnection () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.ProcessMethod () [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.FtpWebRequest.ProcessRequest () [0x00000] in :0
                  Jul-18 5:58:19 PM 1 Error System.Net.WebException
                  Jul-18 5:58:19 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UltraNetCam3
                  Jul-18 5:58:17 PM Info Plugin UltraNetCam3 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:39257
                  Jul-18 5:58:17 PM Plug-In Interface UltraNetCam3 is running as a trial, 19 days remaining.
                  Jul-18 5:58:04 PM Updater Starting download of updates
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Install/Update of package UltraNetCam3 (Network Camera) failed.
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Error Installation of package UltraNetCam3 (Network Camera) failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\img\prev.png
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\img\next.png
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\img\loading.gif
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\img\close.png
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\swf\copy_csv_xls. swf
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\css\lightbox.css
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\css\jquery.dataTa bles_themeroller.css
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\css\dataTables.ed itor.min.css
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\css\dataTables.ta bleTools.css
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\css\jquery.dataTa bles.min.css
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\modernizr.cust om.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\lightbox.min.j s
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\hspi_ultranetc am3_devices.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\hspi_ultranetc am3_device_types.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\hspi_ultranetc am3_controls.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\dataTables.edi tor.min.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\dataTables.tab leTools.min.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\js\jquery.dataTab les.min.js
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\UltraNetCam3_HSPI _Users_Guide.pdf
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.exe.config
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.exe
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Installing package UltraNetCam3 (Network Camera)
                  Jul-18 5:58:02 PM Updater Update HSPI_ULTRANETCAM3.exe downloaded successfully
                  Jul-18 5:58:00 PM weatherXML Check timer items
                  Jul-18 5:57:53 PM Updater Downloading update: UltraNetCam3 (Network Camera)
                  Jul-18 5:57:53 PM Updater Starting download of updates
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM Info Plugin UltraNetCam3 with instance: has disconnected
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM 1 Error System.Threading.ThreadAbortException
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM Informational SnapshotFileMaintenance thread received abort request, terminating normally.
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM Error An error occured while processing the IP Camera Device Search Protocol beacon message.
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM Informational SendDiscoveryBeacon thread received abort request, terminating normally.
                  Jul-18 5:57:12 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: UltraNetCam3

I have noticed in allowed users, the Guest, Normal and Local boxes have green checkmarks. The admin box has a grayed checkmark. I am trying to log in as an admin. However is did add a non admin user and that login failed also.

The following messages are in the log file now:

Jul-13 8:26:15 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam002-A1last_thumbnail.jpg
                  Jul-13 8:27:44 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam001-A2last_thumbnail.jpg

If need be I can give you access to my system temporarily.

log provides no more data with debug checked.

Jul-13 8:30:50 PM <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
                  </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam002 [LivingRoom] failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Jul-13 8:30:50 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam001 [Basement] failed: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Jul-13 8:30:49 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Event </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Event Trigger "camera motion take a snapshot on motion" </td></tr></tbody></table>
                  Last edited by ocxoman; July 18, 2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Foscam 401 error

UltraJones,

I found the following discussion regarding another application that had the same issue. Not sure if I'm allow to post links but I'll put it here and see what happens.

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5986.0

Thanks again for looking into the issue.

Comment

Hello Ocxoman,

What type of network cameras do you have? Please provide make and model.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Camera Models

Hi UltraJones,

Thanks for taking the time to help track this down. I have two cameras, both are FOSCAM F19810W running firmware 11.37.2.65 and Web UI 2.0.10.15. I just upgraded to this version of firmware after experiencing the problem so the issue is across at least a couple of versions of firmware.
                        Let me know if you need access. I am using HomeTroller SEL so there should be no firewall issues. At least I could not find any evidence of a firewall when looking for it in Linux applications before starting the HomeSeer web page in the browser.

Regards,

ocxoman

Comment

The next step is to get your web browser to display a snapshot. For the JPEG cameras, the URL should be:

http://ip.address.of.camera/snapshot.cgi

Can you try entering that into your browser (replace ip.address.of.camera with the IP address of the camera), then enter your camera user id and password when prompted to see if you get the latest snapshot. Please confirm.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

URL confirmation

When placing http://ip.address.of.camera/snapshot.cgi

in the browser, I am prompted for a user and password. after entering the snapshot appears

So I put the following URL in the browser of my tablet
                            http://ip.address.of.camera/snapshot.cgi?user=me&pwd=mypassword

and the snapshot appears.

In both cases I use the ort# as part of the URL. So I was 192.168.1.XX:10123

So browser displays the snapshot correctly.

I saw that FOSCAM changed the login on some cameras from usr=xxxx to user=xxxx. Could that be the issue here. When I typed in usr=xxx, I got the 401 error message. However I got the smapshot when I used user=XXXx

Comment

They made a similar change to the H.264 cameras which is why you see the usr and pwd query strings in the snapshot path of the H.264 camera.

Try this:

From UltraNetCam3 > UltraNetCam3 > NetCam Types, click Edit on the JPEG model type and change the snapshot path from /snapshot.cgi to /snapshot.cgi?user=$user&amp;pwd=$pass

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X