Getting started with Sighthound Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting started with Sighthound Plugin

New user here - just picked up the HomeSeer Raspberry controller version and am trying SightHound plugin. Can't get it to work - I need to start with basic questions:
    - You refer to "sighthound video server" repeatedly - yet I find no definition of it nor a product with that name at SightHound. I am running there "SightHound Video"product on a PC on the network. Is that correct?
    - For the IP address, I use the PCs address and port 80. Have also tried 8488 - something I found on the forums
    - I am using their demo version and my account username and password.
    - My foscam camera is working using the SightHound Video software I downloaded.
    - The SightHound plugin will not connect. It appears as if the camera is not seen by the plugin.

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Another question - have you done a version of the plug in the uses the newer "SightHound Cloud"?

Hello stmiller99,

The "Sighthound Video Server" is the web application built into the Sighthound software that listens for incoming HTTPS connections. From any web browser, attempt to log into your Sightghound server using https://{sighthound.ip.address}:{tcp-port-you-configured}

Once you figure out the IP:Port and authentication credentials, you'll use that in the following plug-in options.

Assuming you're using their latest software, you'll select:
    Sighthound Version: Version 3.x
    IP Address: The IP address from the previous test
    Port: The TCP port from the previous test

Username: Your Sighthound credentials from the previous test
    Password: Your Sighthound password from the previous test

If you continue to have trouble, then the operating system of your HomeTroller Zee may need to be configured to allow certificate verification. Please let me know if it's still not working. I'll reach out to Rich to see if he can provide instructions on how to get the HomeTroller Zee to use certificate verification when communicating to other systems.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sorry - Still Confused

When I loaded the SightHound demo version, I did not setup an address or port. Are you sure this works with their demo version?

Looks like you are referring to the remote access options - I don't see that setup page in the demo

Comment

No, I am not 100% certain it works with the demo. From the Sighthound preferences, do you have a "Remote Access" tab?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

SightHound Remote Access Tab

Is not present in the demo version. So it looks like I will need to buy it to try it - right? Just found this chart:

<header> What's the difference between editions?

</header> <footer class="submitted">Dec 16, 2015</footer>

Comment

Still No go

I have setup with a paid version. I have setup the remote access in SightHound and can now log into the server. On the same computer, I connect to the Homeseer box and enter the credentials into the plug-in and I still can't get them to connect. Perhaps your suspicion about a certificate verification is correct.

Comment

Sorry, I got side tracked and forgot to follow-up. Have you made any progress with this?

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
              X