Sighthound vs. BlueIris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighthound vs. BlueIris

Is there anyone using Sighthound that has used BlueIris in the past? I'm currently using BlueIris and having a ton of trouble getting motion detection to work correctly. I either get constant alerts or it doesn't detect me walking right up to the camera. Wondering if I'd have any more success with Sighthound?
    Thanks!

I love sighthound, it is very accurate and the plug-in is fantastic, the author did a superb job. You should try it, I think it is still free for one camera.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I use both of them. I use BlueIris to receive all of the camera feeds and handle the webserver portion that feeds mobile devices and monitors inside the house. I then have Sighthound connect to the BlueIris webserver for its feeds and it does all of the recording and motion detection. I don't use the BlueIris plugin, but do use the Sighthound one and trigger motion off of it to run events in Homeseer.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ajb1222 View Post
        Is there anyone using Sighthound that has used BlueIris in the past? I'm currently using BlueIris and having a ton of trouble getting motion detection to work correctly. I either get constant alerts or it doesn't detect me walking right up to the camera. Wondering if I'd have any more success with Sighthound?
        Thanks!
        Other than hornets liking my outside cam, I've not had any issues with the BI motion detection falsing. You MUST have an inverse mask setup (Where NOT to trigger, and which isn't that obvious how to do) to make it trigger reliably.

The biggest think I dislike about BI, is it's best feature, too many options

Z

Comment

Working...
        X