Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What HS4 plug-ins would you like to see and (what) would you pay for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Native JSON and XML parsing
    Native is only possible if HS will develop.

Currently you can parse JSON with the Big5 PI and XML can be parsedwith a script from Jon00.

---
    John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

Native is only possible if HS will develop.

Currently you can parse JSON with the Big5 PI and XML can be parsed with a script from Jon00.

---
      John
      Hi John - yes, I use Jon00's scraper for XML among other things. I shouldn't have said 'Native', what I meant was a PI that just did parsing - I forgot about Big5!!

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Miamijerry View Post
        Pentair pool control software using a standard RS485 network interface, Something like a Homeseer version of https://github.com/tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController
        Even a plugin to interface with njpc - there was a MQTT plugin but no longer supported, and was read-only.

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post

Even a plugin to interface with njpc - there was a MQTT plugin but no longer supported, and was read-only.
          What's njpc?

https://www.google.com/search?q=njpc...=1841&bih=1083

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
            Sorry, nodejs-poolController... Got tired of typing the whole thing out all the time

Comment

a new geolocation plugin with icloud integration to replace the dying PHLocation ...

Comment

HomeKit

Comment

Plugin to allow easy voice or text to voice messages to play through the Alexa devices

Comment

OK, I was reading another thread and came up with a really marketable (I think) idea. Imagine a PI that combines the utility described in the other thread with the ability to "obtain" the information regarding certified and uncertified devices and compare device capability (command_classes) with hub and/or software capabilities. Imagine being able to compare (for instance) (HS4 + Z-Net) + Thermostat #1 vs. Thermostat #2. What features are lost or gained? Are they certified? Etc. I believe the information could be gleaned from here and here. Thoughts?
                    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                    Home Assistant 2024.3
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Arlo Plugin.

Comment

A plugin that could read that a bluetooth device came into range and trigger an event. IE - Plugin reads a USB bluetooth device on the server that when any BT device came into range it could trigger an event. This would take carrier cell phone signal quality, apps,(which for me anyway suck) and myhs, out of the loop and allow direct interaction from a transmitter (say in an approaching car) directly to the server. IE - The ultimate in presence sensors. I've yet to find a 99.5% stable way to do this. I can certainly keep them from falsely triggering with event rules, but cell dead zones, cell phone caught in the middle of trying to connect to your home router when approaching, etc just constantly cause problems/failures.

For a group that is so proud of the fact that HS products can run in your home and require NO externally dependent devices (cloud servers etc), which btw certainly includes me, it just seems like it is almost silly not to have this baked in already.

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
                          A plugin that could read that a bluetooth device came into range and trigger an event. IE - Plugin reads a USB bluetooth device on the server that when any BT device came into range it could trigger an event. This would take carrier cell phone signal quality, apps,(which for me anyway suck) and myhs, out of the loop and allow direct interaction from a transmitter (say in an approaching car) directly to the server. IE - The ultimate in presence sensors. I've yet to find a 99.5% stable way to do this. I can certainly keep them from falsely triggering with event rules, but cell dead zones, cell phone caught in the middle of trying to connect to your home router when approaching, etc just constantly cause problems/failures.

For a group that is so proud of the fact that HS products can run in your home and require NO externally dependent devices (cloud servers etc), which btw certainly includes me, it just seems like it is almost silly not to have this baked in already.
                          Have a look at Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector. I think this is what you are describing.
                          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

A plugin could be implemented in that way for ble detection
                            ​​​​​​https://github.com/andrewjfreyer/monitor

Comment

enigmatheatre...when I was grabbing event viewer this morning I wondered that and will check it out once I get my HS4 upgrade from yesterday stable.

MattL0 ...thanks ...I actually started last year thinking about it and thought I'd start working on it. I haven't programed much since "Turbo C" was big though, and got lazy when trying to learn VB and quit. :-)

Comment

BTW...what I want ...as an example.

Have a BT5.0 USB dongle in my car that can have a line of site range of 1 mile (output power is adjustable - i have several) and for it to be detected by a BT USB dongle on my HS4 server. I glanced around and it looks like Jon000 doesn't work that way (w/ usb dongles). Even the microsoft store has apps that can track BT devices in / out range db/loss via a usb BT, so I know the data is there, I just have no way to get it into HS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X