Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What HS4 plug-ins would you like to see and (what) would you pay for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    BTW...what I want ...as an example.

Have a BT5.0 USB dongle in my car that can have a line of site range of 1 mile (output power is adjustable - i have several) and for it to be detected by a BT USB dongle on my HS4 server. I glanced around and it looks like Jon000 doesn't work that way (w/ usb dongles). Even the microsoft store has apps that can track BT devices in / out range db/loss via a usb BT, so I know the data is there, I just have no way to get it into HS4.
    I’ve been noodling this one. LORA may work better

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

I’ve been noodling this one. LORA may work better
      I think there is a Node-RED contrib for LORA.

---
      John

Comment

I agree that the technology employed for Lo (Long) Ra (Range) Is well suited for extended distance communication. I would characterize it as neighborhood coverage for the typical setup. The easiest way to introduce LoRa to HS is with a pair of LoRa modems that have serial interface. They sell for 30’ish by Ebyte E32. They can be powered by 12V so good for auto install. I have a pair installed to monitor my mail delivery. I believe any node-red contrib would be for a specific piece of hardware so it is not a LoRa technology node, but a specific hardware node that happens to use LoRa chip on its backend.

Comment

Plugin for Cielo Breez... recently released Smartthings integration: https://www.cielowigle.com/blog/ciel...h-smartthings/

Comment

Arlo

Comment

Philips hue emulator $30-40

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                I actually have a econet water heater and thought about writing a plugin for it but their API seems to be an unfinished mess.
                I'm interested in the econet water heater control. I have two at one of my homeseer vacation houses and one at the main house.

Comment

Working...
                X