Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What HS4 plug-ins would you like to see and (what) would you pay for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    BTW...what I want ...as an example.

Have a BT5.0 USB dongle in my car that can have a line of site range of 1 mile (output power is adjustable - i have several) and for it to be detected by a BT USB dongle on my HS4 server. I glanced around and it looks like Jon000 doesn't work that way (w/ usb dongles). Even the microsoft store has apps that can track BT devices in / out range db/loss via a usb BT, so I know the data is there, I just have no way to get it into HS4.
    I’ve been noodling this one. LORA may work better

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

I’ve been noodling this one. LORA may work better
      I think there is a Node-RED contrib for LORA.

---
      John

Comment

I agree that the technology employed for Lo (Long) Ra (Range) Is well suited for extended distance communication. I would characterize it as neighborhood coverage for the typical setup. The easiest way to introduce LoRa to HS is with a pair of LoRa modems that have serial interface. They sell for 30’ish by Ebyte E32. They can be powered by 12V so good for auto install. I have a pair installed to monitor my mail delivery. I believe any node-red contrib would be for a specific piece of hardware so it is not a LoRa technology node, but a specific hardware node that happens to use LoRa chip on its backend.

Comment

Plugin for Cielo Breez... recently released Smartthings integration: https://www.cielowigle.com/blog/ciel...h-smartthings/

Comment

Arlo

Comment

Philips hue emulator $30-40

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                I actually have a econet water heater and thought about writing a plugin for it but their API seems to be an unfinished mess.
                I'm interested in the econet water heater control. I have two at one of my homeseer vacation houses and one at the main house.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

I'm interested in the econet water heater control. I have two at one of my homeseer vacation houses and one at the main house.
                  I'm in the same boat. I have 2 Rheem econet water heaters. It would be nice to automatically control them based on occupancy, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                    Plugin to allow easy voice or text to voice messages to play through the Alexa devices
                    +1 on this.

Comment

Text to Echo is available via mcsHubitat plugin. I believe there is also a means to do it using the HS Node Red integration, but I have no experience with HS Node Red integration. A similar capability exists via the mcsMQTT to Node Red route.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                        <snip>
                        My number one request would be a scripting language that was intuitive. Something that would do things like global variables, if then else, and other conventional programming structures, without all of the vagaries of .Net or C#.
                        <snip>
                        I am not quite sure what you mean with "scripting language". To me, scripting (which generally interprets code) is still programming. Having said that, I think I see where you are going with this, i.e. make advanced tasks/customizations easier for the other 99% (or whatever high percentage). So I would take this a step further, Create a plugin that allows to do such tasks visually. One such example is EasyTrigger which allows to create event conditions and actions visually. I would certainly be interested in something like that.

And to rant a bit, I think everything that is in EasyTrigger should be in HS. Instead, we needed someone to implement this in a plugin and shell out more money (I gladly paid for the plugin but this plugin should not have been necessary in the first place). Same goes for if-then-else, creating/processing global variables, and some many more things. I would definitely pay for such a plugin (I hope some of this comes to EasyTrigger) but this should be in HS already.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          Text to Echo is available via mcsHubitat plugin. I believe there is also a means to do it using the HS Node Red integration, but I have no experience with HS Node Red integration. A similar capability exists via the mcsMQTT to Node Red route.
                          I tried nodered but constantly having issues. It works for a while when starting up and then it stops working. I will give mcsHubitat a try. Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

Never mind about habitat. I realized I would have to buy a currently $115 (usually $150) device. It sounds like an interesting device, though as it works locally and there doesn't seems to be any monthly charges. Kind of like Vera that I used before switching to HS. The only issue is that I don't like to have multiple devices and programs for simple things like Echo announcements.

I am not sure how "mcsMQTT to Node Red route" will help because that just adds another component (mcsMQTT) to the nodered-to-HS approach. Maybe I am missing something. I also will have to look again why nodered stops working after some time.

Comment

Originally posted by sirbooker View Post
                              Media Plugin Audio / Video Jrivers or Media Monkey

MAEDIA.API for use with hstouch
                              YES - Jriver Mediacenter control. They already have an http api ready.

Comment

Wyze. There is already a Wyze node on GitHub to turn on/off devices that uses the internal mobile app API so I would guess that would be a great place to start. The v2 and pan scan cameras already have RTSP support which works great (supposedly they are working on v3 camera support). Wyze is adding many devices that are inexpensive and work very well and a plugin for HS I’m sure would be well received and sell a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X