Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What HS4 plug-ins would you like to see and (what) would you pay for them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a plugin for Cielo Breez ductless AC controller. I have an old house where ductless AC was installed opposite of the wall where the heat thermostat was placed years ago. It's so frustrating when the AC gets turned on and blows cold air on the heat thermostat so the heat kicks on too. Gaaaah! [Edit: I'd pay $29.95]

Comment

Seems like an install issue if the thermostat is located where it measures AC exhaust rather than ambient temperature.

Some mini splits have IP control. It seems that the Cielo uses IR. You can use something like Broadlink ($20 with mcsMQTT plugin) to command IR to the unit, but status would need to be obtained by other measures if you want closed loop operation. mcsMQTT also does IP control of mini splits that use the Daikin protocol.

Comment

Google Home ...
        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

A supported Synology Camera Station Plugin. I understand the current one is outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            A supported Synology Camera Station Plugin. I understand the current one is outdated.
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              Google Home ...
              PI Chromecast (Spud) works great, look here

Comment

Originally posted by wimaware View Post

And here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...e-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by wimaware View Post

Yes, Spud's PI works great, but HS support for Google Home is terrible.
                  I am tired of disconnecting.
                  Yes, I did place a ticket as many others.
                  I just wish someone could make a correct plugin for Google Home with a stable connection.
                  I could pay for it, as it seems that "free" features of HS are so deceiving (HSTouch, Zigbee, wheather, Harmony ...).
                  I am using HS only with the help of 3rd party plugin (Jon00, Blade, EasyTrigger,Chromecast etc) and none of the have been correctly integrated by HSteam.
                  Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

It is unfortunately to just rely on 3rd party plugins to do your thing. It should be managed by the HS team to motivate diversity.
                    Because let's be honest, what is HS without the 3rd party PI.

This is also the reason why a growing number of people are switching to HA, perhaps not for the reliability
                    but for the countless number of additions and it's open source software. But for now I am satisfied, because
                    there comes a moment you're done automate and just enjoy that it is all working
                    just the way you want. But always looking forward to new developments and gadgets

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post

Yes, Spud's PI works great, but HS support for Google Home is terrible.
                      I am tired of disconnecting.
                      Yes, I did place a ticket as many others.
                      I just wish someone could make a correct plugin for Google Home with a stable connection.
                      I could pay for it, as it seems that "free" features of HS are so deceiving (HSTouch, Zigbee, wheather, Harmony ...).
                      I am using HS only with the help of 3rd party plugin (Jon00, Blade, EasyTrigger,Chromecast etc) and none of the have been correctly integrated by HSteam.
                      I'll step up and say that I'd pay $50 for a fully functional Google Home implementation. It would be well worth it considering how much time I'm spending trying to debug the issues. I suspect others would as well. I don't think it would be that hard to set up actually. Not just devices but events too of course.

I do have a hubitat as well to deal with integrating devices that don't have good HS support, using Michael McSharry's excellent Elevation plugin. I am tempted to try and use the hubitat GH integration, but a reliable plugin would be better.

Comment

how about a plugin for the meteobridge weather device, this unit is an interface to import data directly from many weather station sensor suites. i am currently running one with a davis instruments setup and works fine using a script to querry it for weather info. i would love to have a real plugin for this. can share script with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
                          how about a plugin for the meteobridge weather device, this unit is an interface to import data directly from many weather station sensor suites. i am currently running one with a davis instruments setup and works fine using a script to querry it for weather info. i would love to have a real plugin for this. can share script with someone.
                          Hi Vince, I'm working on AKWeather plugin, which already supports multiple providers, and I'm adding more, including PWS support. I don't see why have separate plugins for different providers, I designed my plugin so I can just add provider specific driver.

Regarding meteobridge, as I understand, it can upload data to various websites. So how can it be useful? Or it can also download data from the websites?

If you could explain your setup and share your script - I will try to add to my plugin.

Thank you,
                          Alex

vince954?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Hi Vince, I'm working on AKWeather plugin, which already supports multiple providers, and I'm adding more, including PWS support. I don't see why have separate plugins for different providers, I designed my plugin so I can just add provider specific driver.

Regarding meteobridge, as I understand, it can upload data to various websites. So how can it be useful? Or it can also download data from the websites?

If you could explain your setup and share your script - I will try to add to my plugin.

Thank you,
                            Alex

vince954?
                            Alex, sorry for the delay, did not get notification, i have been using this script to import select data items from the meteobridge device, this script runs every few minutes and works fine.

Imports System.Collections.Generic

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                            Dim USERNAME as string= "meteobridge"
                            Dim PASSWORD as string= "meteobridge"
                            Dim URL As String = "192.168.1.48/cgi-bin/livedataxml.cgi"
                            URL = USERNAME & ":" & PASSWORD & "@" & URL
                            Dim Query As String = hs.GETURL(URL,"",False,80)
                            Dim xmlData As New XmlDocument()
                            Dim xmlnodelist As XmlNodeList
                            Dim xmlnode As XmlNode
                            Dim MeteoData As New Dictionary(Of String, Items)

xmlData.LoadXml(Query)
                            ' Update the Ref #s for the devices you have. The name isn't used and can stay the same
                            xmlnode = xmlData.SelectSingleNode("logger/TH")
                            MeteoData.Add("OutsideTemperature", New Items With {.Ref=1976, .Value=CtoF(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("temp").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("OutsideHumidity", New Items With {.Ref=100, .Value=xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("hum").Value})
                            MeteoData.Add("OutsideDewpoint", New Items With {.Ref=104, .Value=CtoF(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("dew").Value)})

xmlnode = xmlData.SelectSingleNode("logger/THB")
                            MeteoData.Add("InsideTemperature", New Items With {.Ref=1975, .Value=CtoF(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("temp").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("InsideHumidity", New Items With {.Ref=839, .Value=xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("hum").Value})
                            MeteoData.Add("InsideDewpoint", New Items With {.Ref=104, .Value=CtoF(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("dew").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("BarPress", New Items With {.Ref=105, .Value=MBtoHG(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("press").Value )})
                            MeteoData.Add("SeaPress", New Items With {.Ref=0, .Value=MBtoHG(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("seapress").Va lue)})

xmlnode = xmlData.SelectSingleNode("logger/WIND")
                            MeteoData.Add("WindSpeed", New Items With {.Ref = 102, .Value = MStoMPH(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("wind").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("WindGust", New Items With {.Ref = 106, .Value = MStoMPH(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("gust").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("WindChill", New Items With {.Ref = 2253, .Value = CtoF(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("chill").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("WindDir", New Items With {.Ref = 137, .Value = xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("dir").Value})

xmlnode = xmlData.SelectSingleNode("logger/RAIN")
                            MeteoData.Add("RainRate", New Items With {.Ref=0, .Value=MMtoIN(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("rate").Value) })
                            MeteoData.Add("RainTotal", New Items With {.Ref = 798, .Value = MMtoIN(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("total").Value)})
                            MeteoData.Add("RainDelta", New Items With {.Ref = 107, .Value = MMtoIN(xmlnode.Attributes.GetNamedItem("delta").Value)})

' Update HS3 virtual devices
                            updateHS3(MeteoData)

End Sub

Sub updateHS3(ByVal data As Object)

Dim val As Double
                            For Each item As KeyValuePair(Of String, Items) In data
                            if item.Value.Ref > 0
                            val = Convert.ToDouble(item.Value.Value)
                            'hs.WriteLog("MeteoPoll","Key=" & item.Key & ", Ref=" & item.Value.Ref & ", Value=" & val)
                            hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(item.Value.Ref,val, true)
                            End If
                            Next

End Sub
                            '
                            Function CtoF (ByVal C As Decimal) As Decimal
                            Return Format(((9*C)/5 ) + 32,"0.00")
                            End Function

Function MBtoHG(ByVal MB As Decimal) As Decimal
                            Return Format(MB*0.02953,"0.00")
                            End Function

Function MMtoIN(ByVal MM As Decimal) As Decimal
                            Return Format(MM/25.4,"0.00")
                            End Function

Function MStoMPH(ByVal MS As Decimal) As Decimal
                            Return Format(MS/0.44704,"0.00")
                            End Function

Public Class Items
                            Public Property Ref As Integer
                            Public Property Value As Double
                            Public Sub New()
                            End Sub
                            End Class

Comment

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
                              Alex, sorry for the delay, did not get notification, i have been using this script to import select data items from the meteobridge device, this script runs every few minutes and works fine.
                              I moved the discussion to https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...84-meteobridge

Comment

It would be awesome if HomeSeer had a Homebridge plugin that worked both ways. I have several devices in Homebridge that I would love to control with HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
                                X