Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why develop for HS4 if HS3 is compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Not so if updates are still allowed? Or will updates no longer be approved?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk
    I havent heard anything official, but the post above is somewhat omnious for HS3 plugins.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If you are having a problem updating your HS3 plugin let us know what the issue is so we can advise. The entire HS4 SDK is open source so we welcome additions. Maybe there are some functions we can add to make the transition easier. Once you start using it I think you will find it much easier to use. We handle a lot of the details that you had to manually deal with before.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So rjh we can continue updating HS3 plugins after september?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          If you are having a problem updating your HS3 plugin let us know what the issue is so we can advise. The entire HS4 SDK is open source so we welcome additions. Maybe there are some functions we can add to make the transition easier. Once you start using it I think you will find it much easier to use. We handle a lot of the details that you had to manually deal with before.
          Luckily, my OMNI plugin works fine under HS4, but the amount of work going from the clsJQuery pages to the new Feature Pages was just way too much work. SettingsPages just arent enough for configuration. My config page is really just a 14-tab page like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	164
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1409041

Trying to do the same thing with the new stuff would be an enormous amount of work.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
            So rjh we can continue updating HS3 plugins after september?

yes

Comment

We will be updating our mobile app to allow users to set up and configure HS4 plugins on a mobile device. HS3 plugins will not be able to be installed or used in the app.
              macromark rjh - when you say HS3 plugins will not be able to be used in the new HS4 app does this mean they won't be able to be used at all (like the devices/events won't work) or that they just can't be setup and configured, can they still be configured in the legacy web UI?

Comment

HS3 plugins do not have the proper web UI so they display properly on mobile. So the plugins will still work, you just won't be able to access any of their menus from the mobile app. You can still use a browser though.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

macromark rjh - when you say HS3 plugins will not be able to be used in the new HS4 app does this mean they won't be able to be used at all (like the devices/events won't work) or that they just can't be setup and configured, can they still be configured in the legacy web UI?

Comment

I tried to update my most simple plugin (HS-WD200+ Idle Light Colors) to use the HS4 SDK, but ultimately gave up because it inherently depends on the HS Z-Wave plugin (it calls a plugin function) and I'd rather just wait until HS Z-Wave gets updated for HS4. Any timeline on that?

Also, am I understanding correctly that all child devices are converted to "features" in the HS4 SDK, even those devices ported in from HS3?

Comment

Working...
                  X