Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 missing remote buttons, visible in HS3 DeviceUtility. MediaController plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 missing remote buttons, visible in HS3 DeviceUtility. MediaController plugin

dcorsus rjh I have the following tv working (mostly) with the HS3 MediaController plugin running on HS4: Samsung QN65Q9FNAFXZA

but the following buttons are missing from HS4....

(note: I am running HS4 4.1.2.0. If it's fixed in newer versions I will upgrade)
    Attached Files

one thing to post along, if you click on the feature in HS4 and now select the Status/Graphics tab, for the missing buttons what is the row/column value? Suspect the problem is there, we had issues (and probably still do) with this for HS4 PIs. Seems to recall anything over row 4 is frowned upon

Comment

Colum 4 or Row 4?

That could be part of the issue. There are a couple in column 4 but specifically "power" is on column 1, right before that "retrieve app info" is on column 4

There are a couple more on column4. Column 4 may just mess up the order for others

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
        Colum 4 or Row 4?
        column 4 , my bad. Not sure if we can edit them and see if that helps

Comment

Yep definitely column 4 being part of the problem

I deleted all columns > 3, and then the power button showed up

The buttons also don't seem to follow the proper row if there is less than 3 items/columns. If a row only has 2 columns, the next row item will just tag on to the end of the previous row, which messes it all up

If I press create buttons, it removes all my changes though, so that's not gonna work as a solution

Comment

If I press create buttons, it removes all my changes though, so that's not gonna work as a solution
            It should be looked at because more people migrating to HS4 will run into the same problem. Onn the other hand, you shouldn't be hitting that create remote button ever after adding the buttons so if manually fix it, you should be good ... until you remove/add the remote

Comment

Lol, I know to only push create buttons once upon initial setup. I might not touch the "create buttons" again...but I can't stop my wife from doing that lol

Comment

FYI: The missing buttons do show up in the HS mobile app

Comment

FYI: The missing buttons do show up in the HS mobile app
                  shocker .....

So here are the alternatives, we raise a bug report and hope for the best.
                  I respin the PI to try to conform to what exactly I don't know but suspect other PIs might run into as well.

So I prefer option 1, in which case I don't have to do anything but you might never get to a solution, decisions decisions

Comment

Working...
                  X