Updating ValueRangeSlider value in Grid view doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating ValueRangeSlider value in Grid view doesn't work

If I have a HS "feature" with ValueRangeSlider control - and use UpdateFeatureValueByRef to set its value - the slider position does change in List view, but not in Grid view.

spud? rjh?

Comment

does your slider appear as the primary feature in the tile, or in the features popup you get when you click the top of the tile?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        does your slider appear as the primary feature in the tile, or in the features popup you get when you click the top of the tile?
        Primary. I think it's same problem with your Chromecast plugin?

I.e. if the volume changed on the Google device - the slider in Grid view doesn't move, but in the List view works fine.

Comment

Slider doesn't update for my PI either ....

I have been talking about the media tile , its content (your other posting on 15 char title info) and issues for quite a while now with rjh . For this particular case, you can check the devices.html file and notice that for things like volume and mute, no div ids were created so not possible to update the content using AJAX.
          It appears this function has always been trumped by other priorities. Glad to help but the biggest challenge is not just showing other or more parts of a player, making it dynamic for updates requires coding on the server side. Thinking off it, it begs the question whether a mechanism could have been introduced, that the content comes from the PI directly but that opens up a can of other major challenges.

Comment

@spud? @rjh?

Comment

I confirm this is a bug in the Media Player layout in Grid View. Logged as HS-1068
              As media player and thermostat devices use some special layouts in grid view, there may be some bugs that you don't see with other kind of devices.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                I confirm this is a bug in the Media Player layout in Grid View. Logged as HS-1068
                As media player and thermostat devices use some special layouts in grid view, there may be some bugs that you don't see with other kind of devices.
                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X