I struggle to understand how to use Triggers in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I struggle to understand how to use Triggers in HS4

I may be completely stupid, but I struggle to understand how to use Triggers in HS4.

I want to check if particular trigger should be fired, obviously. So I call one of
    Code:
    hs.TriggerMatches
    hs.GetTriggersByType
    hs.GetTriggersByInterface
    (already confusing - which one?)

So I get an array of TrigActInfo. Now I need to compare some property of each trigger with some value. How? I need to de-serialize TrigActInfo to AbstractTriggerType, right?

In your sample plugin you construct SampleTriggerType explicitly because you have only one trigger type. If I have multiple triggers/subtriggers - what do I do? Just try to construct each one from TrigActInfo and see if it fails? I'm lost...

The wonderful SDK provides wonderful function
    Code:
    private AbstractTriggerType GetObjectFromTrigInfo(TrigActInfo trigInfo)
    That's what I need. But it's PRIVATE?

Alex,
    here is what i did.

#1 I used an event between my generic plugin code and the hspi object. testinfo is a trigactinfo object which i store the triger/subtrig number. dvref is the device i want to check against the trigger

RaiseEvent onCheckTrigger(TestInfo, dvref)

#2 here is the code that runs on the Event

Code:
    Sub CheckTrigger(TestInfo As TrigActInfo, dvref As Integer) ' handles hsapi.onchecktrigger

Dim TrigsToCheck() As TrigActInfo

Try

TrigsToCheck = hs4.GetTriggersByType(Name, InsteonTriggersClass.TriggerNumber)

For Each TrigCheck In TrigsToCheck

Dim ConfiguredTrigger = New InsteonTriggersClass(TrigCheck, Me) ' build the trigger from the data

If ConfiguredTrigger.ShouldTriggerFire(TestInfo, dvref) Then ' this is my custom method in order to pass in the dvref
          hs4.TriggerFire(Id, TrigCheck)
      End If
    Next

Catch ex As Exception
    gLogManager.ReportError("CheckTrigger", ex)
    End Try

End Sub
    #3 here is my custom method in the trigger class this will compare the testinfo and dvref to see if matches the configured trigger. if so, return True

Code:
    Public Function ShouldTriggerFire(TC As TrigActInfo, dvref As Integer) As Boolean

If TC.SubTANumber = SelectedSubTriggerIndex Then

Select Case SelectedSubTriggerIndex

Case INSTEON_TRIGGER_TYPES.STARTRAMPDOWN, INSTEON_TRIGGER_TYPES.STARTRAMPUP, INSTEON_TRIGGER_TYPES.RAMPUP1, INSTEON_TRIGGER_TYPES.RAMPDOWN1, INSTEON_TRIGGER_TYPES.RAMPSTOP
       Return GetSelectedOptionKey(ConfigPage.GetViewById(DeviceFieldName) ) = dvref.ToString
    hope this helps
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Thank you Mark,

That's exactly what I mean - you assume the trigger is InsteonTriggersClass - same as sample plugin. I'm getting there, slowly.
      TrigActInfo has TANumber - which I use to construct proper trigger instance.

In my calendar class I get all triggers matching the calendar ID:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-29 013248.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1452009

Base abstract controller class (in my base lib):

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-29 013403.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1452010

And derived Calendar controller:

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-29 013711.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1452011

Comment

Alex,

Right now i only have one triggerclass. I thought that was the preferred approach like a single actionclass with sub actions

I have a list of sub-triggers (about 13) within my single triggerclass.

If I add a second triggerclass then I will need to do something like you outline above. But that is way down the road from where I am at right now.

As we discussed, after going through the hs2 to hs3 migration; its nearly impossible to write the perfect abstract layer that will work with the next hs version; So I'm ok with making a few assumptions here and there. don't drive yourself crazy
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          don't drive yourself crazy
          I try. I have 12 plugins, and have more plans... So it's nice to have a good library. So the plugin code itself is pretty minimal.

For example, in all plugins I have a table of all my devices, below a couple of examples (AKGoogleCalendar and AKShelly).

The library code takes care of generating HTML (from single template), JS, adding controls and handling postback.

So I don't need to create any HTML pages manually at all.

And the complete source code for building AKGoogleCalendar table below.

Name:	MyDevicesFeaturePage.png
Views:	110
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1452024

Name:	MyDevices.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1452025

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-29 021356.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1452026

Comment

And for AKGoogleCalendar main Settings page:

Name:	settings.png
Views:	112
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1452028

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-29 021802.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1452029

Comment

Hi mnsandler , I know this is a few months old but I am struggling with this as well. I think I got most of it right, but you've got me puzzled on the "event" thing: "#1 I used an event between my generic plugin code and the hspi object."

Can you elaborate on how you've implemented this? Thanks!
              stefxx

Comment

Never mind. The issue was that EventTriggerReceived needs a reference to the HSPI object, which is unavailable outside the HSPI class. So I created a global variable holding a reference to it. Problem solved!
                stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                  Never mind. The issue was that EventTriggerReceived needs a reference to the HSPI object, which is unavailable outside the HSPI class. So I created a global variable holding a reference to it. Problem solved!
                  Code:
                  protected AbstractTriggerType(int id, int eventRef, int selectedSubTriggerIndex, byte[] dataIn, TriggerTypeCollection.ITriggerTypeListener listener, bool logDebug = false)
                  The listener should be your HSPI object, as I remember you should add ITriggerTypeListener interface to your HSPI for that

Comment

I used it in my some plugins, if you stefxx need - I can dig it out

Comment

HI. I have my triggers working now, but being able to trigger an event in the HSPI class, outside of the class is something I still don't quite understand and might come-in handy one day. I wouldn't mind an example on how you've accomplished that. Just as a learning experience for myself!
                      stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                        HI. I have my triggers working now, but being able to trigger an event in the HSPI class, outside of the class is something I still don't quite understand and might come-in handy one day. I wouldn't mind an example on how you've accomplished that. Just as a learning experience for myself!
                        It's actually handy to read docs (comments):

/// <summary>
                        /// The base implementation of a trigger type interface that facilitates communication between
                        /// <see cref="AbstractTriggerType"/>s and the <see cref="AbstractPlugin"/> that owns them.
                        /// <para>
                        /// Extend this interface and have your <see cref="AbstractPlugin"/> implementation inherit it to make it
                        /// accessible through the <see cref="AbstractTriggerType.TriggerListener"/> field.
                        /// </para>
                        /// </summary>
                        public interface ITriggerTypeListener {}
                        So you do
                        Code:
                        public interface IMyTriggerTypeListener ITriggerTypeListener
                        {
                            // Your methods declarations here
                        }

public class HSPI : AbstractPlugin, IMyTriggerTypeListener
                        {
                           // Your IMyTriggerTypeListener implementations here
                        }
                        Then inside your triggers (derived from AbstractTriggerType) you access it via TriggerListener member:

public abstract class AbstractTriggerType {
                        /// <summary>
                        /// An interface reference to the plugin that owns this trigger type.
                        /// <para>
                        /// Define your own interface that inherits from <see cref="TriggerTypeCollection.ITriggerTypeListener"/>
                        /// and then cast this as the type you defined to get a reference to your plugin that can handle any methods
                        /// you wish to define.
                        /// </para>
                        /// </summary>
                        public TriggerTypeCollection.ITriggerTypeListener TriggerListener { get; internal set; }
                        }

Comment

Working...
                        X