Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HelloWorldPlugin-VB INFO: Plugin start is pending

HI,

I opened it, compiled it with no warning and put the right files in the right place.

Before I move forward to customize it, I would like it to gain "OKAY" status.
    Running it from the IDE indicates no errors.

What's wrong?
    (I am assuming that HomeSeer's tutorial plugin actually works...)

There should be an error in the terminal window - "Plugin start is pending" usually means that plugin crashed during start-up

Comment

Originally posted by Bobone View Post
      HI,

I opened it, compiled it with no warning and put the right files in the right place.

Before I move forward to customize it, I would like it to gain "OKAY" status.
      Running it from the IDE indicates no errors.

What's wrong?
      (I am assuming that HomeSeer's tutorial plugin actually works...)
      Try to run it by enabling it , rather than from an IDE, just for your test to gain "OK".

It appears that anything you run from an IDE shows up with status "remote" and doesn't seem to show the state we assign it within a PI, or at least that has been my experience when recentlly I was doing some testing using this feature to provide feedback to user.

Comment

When I try enabling it, I get the pending warning in the plugin manager.

When I run it separetely, I get no errors in the terminal window. ("Initialized" is written)

I find this strange.
        Does it really work for you?

https://github.com/HomeSeer/Hello-World-Plugin-VB

Comment

..... and put the right files in the right place.
          Which files did you copy and where?
          Don't think I ever used the hello-world example, but did use the sample plugin when I started HS4, which is now a bit ago. Don't copy the HSCF, newtonsoft.json or pluginsdk.

Is this a windows or Linux install?
          edit: per Alex's question, do you see any error in the terminal window? "Developer Mode" may need to be enabled in Setup->General for that (it was in HS3, not sure about HS4)

Comment

Running Win7.
            After building, I copied the config.xml and the exe to the “root” folder. Then started HS4.

Tested referencing both the included HS dll:s and the ones found in bin/homeseer.
            Which ones are ideal? (They are all the same version).

I have previously modified the SamplePlugin successfully, but want something lighter/faster/cleaner to place my code in.

Comment

Running Win7.
              After building, I copied the config.xml and the exe to the “root” folder. Then started HS4.

Tested referencing both the included HS dll:s and the ones found in bin/homeseer.
              Which ones are ideal? (They are all the same version).

I have previously modified the SamplePlugin successfully, but want something lighter/faster/cleaner to place my code in.
              What does the terminal window show?

Comment

OK. Thanks for the help! I finally got it to work, but...

The really weird part is that "HomeSeerSamplePlugin_VB.xml" is created in the output folder desktop/homeseer/homeseer, but not the expected file for "Hello world" and
                HomeSeerSamplePlugin_VB.xml only contains data relating to "Hello World"!

I have searched everywhere and restarted VS but cannot find any trace of "SamplePlugin"....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Terminal.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	1473531

Comment

Working...
                X