Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Device features and/or other ways to control device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Device features and/or other ways to control device?

Hi!

I made a plugin, which works great for me. The C# part is super simple and invokes a tiny part of the HS SDK API.

It does the following:
    • Calls HomeSeerSystem.GetAllDeviceRefs() to get all devices
    • Calls HomeSeerSystem.GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef(deviceRef) to find all device features
    • Calls HomeSeerSystem.SendControlForFeatureByValue(change.FeatureRe f, change.Value); to change a feature state
    That's about it. Now: To the problem: This thread details a problem wlh2 is having: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...r-step-to-work

Apparently not all plugins add features to devices? Is this true? If so: What should be called in the HS SDK to control featureless devices?

In HS3 you could have standalone devices without child devices. HS3 plugins will still be able to create those in HS4. But I am pretty sure a there is no easy way to change a standalone devices value with an HS4 plugin. That had been crippled in the super duper wrapper, called an SDK.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You can always use the IHSapplication interface
      tenholde

Comment

Working...
      X