Feature locations - showing or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature locations - showing or not

I'm porting my plugins and while not critical there are different location requirements, here's the nitty-gritty.

1) MediaPortal plugin - here the separate [sub] devices (AKA features) all share the same location - they're all on the same screen after all.
    So here I DON'T want the features to have a separate location, just use the [MediaPortal] root location.

Trouble is that if I don't assign the feature locations I still get the address line with a '|' separator - bit ugly.
    If I put in a location/location2 then it shows up but it's redundant and a waste of screen space.

2) Velleman K8055 Board plugin - here the Board has a location but the sub devices (Digital Out 1 etc) are in different locations.
    So the one in the garage has a gate sensor, a path light, drive light etc. So even although the board is in one place the devices are spread about.

Here I WANT the features to have distinct locations - so assigning to Location and Location2 works fine.

It ought be possible to suppress the feature address lines - the Fibaro sensors (Z-Wave) don't have these but then they don't look like features...!

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help.

Any ideas?

Ferreting through some of my old test plugins - found it!

Don't assign ANYTHING to either the root device or feature device locations and HomeSeer puts 'Plugin' and the plugin name.
    These can then be edited later

You have no idea how long and how many attempts I've made to make these happen.... sigh ...

Comment

Working...
    X