• Show
Clear All

How to manually install an hs4 plugin into hs4

dropping the hspi_xxxx.exe into the hs4 root folder doesn't seem to work

i dont have my beta in the updater so it must be installed manually

how can i get someone else to install a plugin manually
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

You need to package your plugin to the zip with the instal file as per https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Plugin+Packaging
    Then build a updater_override.json file as per https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...g+Installation
    Then you can are the updater_override.json and zip and people can add this to there root folder and it will show and instal for the updater.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      dropping the hspi_xxxx.exe into the hs4 root folder doesn't seem to work
      What issue do you have Mark? That's how I develop, never seen an issue and sometime still send a test build here or there if someone has a though to figure out issue. I send them the .exe and tell them to drop it in the homeseer directory.

Comment

when i just drop the plugin exe into the root, hs4 doesn't pick it up when it starts up. fine. I'll go through the updater_override.json process

i created the json file, when i click plugin/manage/Add i get my listing, but then the installer can't find my zip file (which i also put in the hs root folder)
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Are you also installing the .exe.config?

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...app.configfile
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I have my updater_override.json and HSPI_Insteon_4.0.0.5.zip in the hs root with the following content

Code:
            {
            "Version":"4.0.0.0",
            "Packages":[
            {
            "ProductID":"348",
            "PackageName":"Insteon",
            "EXEFile":"HSPI_Insteon.exe",
            "ID":"Insteon",
            "Version":"4.0.0.5",
            "UC":63,
            "ZipFile":"HSPI_Insteon_4.0.0.5.zip",
            "Author":"Mark Sandler",
            "Price":"TBD",
            "IconFile":"",
            "StoreURL":"",
            "ReleaseNotesURL":"http://plugins.homeseer.com/releasenotes?productid=348",
            "Featured":"False",
            "ShortDescription":"This plugin supports Insteon",
            "SupportURL":"",
            "HelpFileURL":null,
            "Tags":[
            ]
            }
            ]
            }
            i'm getting the following error when i click Install on the first popup

Click image for larger version

Name:	Installer error.PNG
Views:	492
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1502692

I have tried different zip files names but still not joy so I dont think the installer is unzipping and installing anything according to the install.txt file which is in the .zip file
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Did you try replacing the dots with underscores in the zip file names as I don't think that is a supported character?
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                Did you try replacing the dots with underscores in the zip file names as I don't think that is a supported character?
                I did try replacing dots with underscores (even tried dashes), also tried removing the version number all together, and I changed the filename in the json file accordindly each time...no joy

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

any chance the error i'm seeing is bogus, and its a permission error when hs tries to copy my zip somewhere else?

i'm running hs42.5 on win10 and i have to give admin permission every time i manually copy a file into the hs4 root
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

I sent you a PM.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

substituting a URL in the ZipFile location got the plugin installed

but hs still wont load it even after a reboot. it just doesn't see the hspi_.exe file in the root folder (which was my original problem)
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Your previous (HS3) version of the PI was for pay, correct? Does your HS4 version use the same pluginID?
                        Reason I ask, i ran into something, what I think is not correct, in that, when you report back your accesslevel, even if you report if to be free, if the PI is in the store for pay, it won't start. Seem to recall I had to first uninstall whatever I had downloaded from the updater to get it going.
                        Is this a linux install or Windows. The .exe has to correct privilages?

Comment

i figured out the issue,. my exe.config wasn't correct. i needed to add the following to my previous paths

<probing privatePath="bin;bin/homeseer;
                          thanks all for the help
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X