Plugin Device Value Updating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Device Value Updating???

It is my understanding that if something in HomeSeer changes the value of one of my plugin's devices, I will receive a SetIOMulti() call, which will allow me to update the value in my plugin process as needed.

But what about the other direction? If code in my plugin decides to change the value of one of the devices in the plugin, how do I tell HomeSeer? I don't see any appropriate method in the AbstractPlugin base class, nor in the IHsController instance within the AbstractPlugin base class.

???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad

Try the helpdocs here: https://homeseer.github.io/Plugin-SD...System_Double_
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

For devices in your plugin

hs?.UpdateFeatureValueByRef(RefId, value);

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-21 202359.png Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	1503285

Comment

Many thanks to w.vuyk and alexbk66! Your hints are exactly what I needed to proceed. I really appreciate your taking the time to reply!

Brad

Comment

Also, in case anyone at HomeSeer sees this thread. The sample plugin code that you provide on GitHub is a great resource. I'd like to suggest that it be extended or augmented in some way to show how to set the values of devices that are created by the sample plugin.

Also, a quick mention in the "getting started" tutorial on the effect of checking the "developer mode" checkbox (that the Console window stays visible) would also be a good quick addition to help newcomers like me.

Comment

Working...
          X