anyone got UpdateStatusNow working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone got UpdateStatusNow working

my plugin isn't being called when i click the HS Poll Devices icon on the hs devices page. all i get is this back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	polling.PNG Views:	0 Size:	28.9 KB ID:	1513822
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I never noticed it, what is it supposed to do?

Comment

when the user clicks the Poll Devices button, it should poll each device displayed for status, and then update the hs device page with status
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        when the user clicks the Poll Devices button, it should poll each device displayed for status, and then update the hs device page with status
        How does it poll the devices?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

How does it poll the devices?
          hs4 is supposed to call the subject method, and then your plugin is supposed to poll/update the dv.ref device provided. this is up to you.

so for my insteon lighting plugin, i actually transmit a status request to the given device ref, get the response, and then update the hs device value
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I had it working a few weeks ago... now I am getting the same error on all my plugins. I guess it is a new "feature" of 4.2.7.0?
            stefxx

Comment

I'm not really up on this and haven't found the docs (if any) to explain the matter, but I think "polling" (or the ability thereof) is dependent on Z-Wave version. Since 3.0.2.0, I've lost the train of thought on which version does what.
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

It is pretty simple, just do this in HSPI.vb:

Code:
                Overrides Function UpdateStatusNow(devOrFeatRef As Integer) As EPollResponse
                    ' Do whatever you need to do to poll devOrFeatRef
                    Return EPollResponse.Ok
                End Function
                Since all my plugins always reflect the latest state of the device/feature already, I just return EPollResponse.Ok. That should avoid an error when the user tries to poll the device/feature. Until 4.2.7.0 apparently...
                stefxx

Comment

I'm getting the above error in 4.2.6.0. I'm not messing with HS4 betas right now.

I need to provide a polling capability; physical lights and hs are never 100% in sync.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Not sure what "messing with HS4 betas" has to do with it. But if you are getting the same error in 4.2.6.0 also then I guess the bug was introduced earlier already.

I know that it worked before - when I implemented this weeks ago, just after they released this function. I think that was in version 4.2.5.0.

I suggest you create a bug report.
                    stefxx

Comment

turns out this is a bug. if the plugin ID is different from the Name property, it doesn't work. Rich is putting in a fix.

i guess they were keying off the Name property instead of the ID.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X