HS4 ELK M1G Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 ELK M1G Plugin

Is anyone working on a HS4 plugin for the ELK M1G panel? I saw the UltraJones retired and his HS3 plugin is still available.

If no one is actively developing one, I might see what it would take to put something together.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

I'm running HS4 and UltraJones M1 plug in. Works pretty good still. If there was a native HS4 plug in, that would be awesome.

I didn't know he retired.
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

did Jones just leave all his plugins for dead, or did someone get any of the source code?

maybe Blade would be interested
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        did Jones just leave all his plugins for dead, or did someone get any of the source code?

maybe Blade would be interested
        To my knowledge I'm not sure that any of the source code is available as there are a couple of his plugin's that I use and would like to either support and/or enhance.

Comment

I’ve started building my own ELK M1 plugin as I wanted a native HS4 version. I’m trying to phase out any HS3 plugins I use so I only end up with native HS4.
          the first version (alpha) I would expect to have available in mid/late May if anybody is interested.

Comment

What are the benefits of a HS4 version vs the HS3 that’s working?
            -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
            Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
              What are the benefits of a HS4 version vs the HS3 that’s working?
              It will look/feel the same as HS4, will be aligned to HS4 design now and can/will take advantage of any future updates/enhancements in HS4.
              If ElK many any changes (unlikely) the HS3 version may break. Unclear if HS4 will always allow HS3 plugins to keep running or if they go to a version of HSR where they are no longer supported (I think this is unlikely at the moment)

The new plugin will support multiple ELK M1 network connections. Not sure if the old HS instances work or not on HS4 (I’ve not checked)

The other main benefit is it will be under active development so any ideas of things you want in the plugin I could consider for adding in!

Just some of my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I released the source code for all of my plug-ins that were no longer generating revenue. I have not released the source for the ones that are still generating revenue. If anyone is interested in taking over, then look at the source of the other plug-ins I released, so you get the idea of how I code. If interested in acquiring the plug-ins I have not released source code for, please contact me.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am using the ultra plugin and would be interested in using an up to date plugin. willing to beta test as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    I released the source code for all of my plug-ins that were no longer generating revenue. I have not released the source for the ones that are still generating revenue. If anyone is interested in taking over, then look at the source of the other plug-ins I released, so you get the idea of how I code. If interested in acquiring the plug-ins I have not released source code for, please contact me.
                    Ultrajones Where can I go see the released the source code for all of your plug-ins that were no longer generating revenue? I would like to understand your coding pattern and consider maybe taking over plugin development if I am technically able to.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post

Ultrajones Where can I go see the released the source code for all of your plug-ins that were no longer generating revenue? I would like to understand your coding pattern and consider maybe taking over plugin development if I am technically able to.
                      https://github.com/ultrajones?tab=repositories

Comment

Thanks so much alexbk66!
                        Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I have used the ELKM1G plugin for about 5 years. It is a great piece of software and has provided excellent integration between HS and the ELK Security System. I would love to see an HS4 version of the plugin happen. Since the ELK speaks some announcements directly, I have the HS trigger tasks in the ELK that speak all my automation announcements to provide one voice for all actions. My ELK has 32 zone inputs and 8 outputs and is connected to the CO and Smoke detectors, hardwired to all doors and windows in the house, and it makes all status and states available to the HS to use in automation events which adds greatly to the automation possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ahuefner View Post
                            I have used the ELKM1G plugin for about 5 years. It is a great piece of software and has provided excellent integration between HS and the ELK Security System. I would love to see an HS4 version of the plugin happen. Since the ELK speaks some announcements directly, I have the HS trigger tasks in the ELK that speak all my automation announcements to provide one voice for all actions. My ELK has 32 zone inputs and 8 outputs and is connected to the CO and Smoke detectors, hardwired to all doors and windows in the house, and it makes all status and states available to the HS to use in automation events which adds greatly to the automation possibilities.
                            Hi [mention]ahuefner [/mention] I have a native HS4 version built - it reads all updates from the M1 and updates HS4 features. I need to finish the triggers for events etc and add the user page. I ran out of time in June as I'm travelling in Europe for July. Plan on finishing it quickly when I get home in August and then release.
                            Is there any other feature that the M1 can do that you would like to see included in the plugin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi russr999. My List would include:
                              1. ELK Zone changes can be used to trigger HS events.
                              2. HS can turn outputs on the ELK ON/OFF
                              3. HS can activate Tasks in the ELK
                              4. ELK System Status and Area Status changes can be used to trigger HS events.
                              5. Counter changes in the ELK can be used to trigger HS events.

Currently, many of my events use a mixture of input triggers for both the ELK and ZWave devices for AND IF/OR IF triggers. For example, I have 3 ZWave locks and a electromagnetic lock on my slider door. The 300lb electromagnet lock is controlled by a relay output on the ELK. I do a lock check and lock all locks using HS clock time triggered events. Because the ELK M1EXP limits the number discrete email messages it supports, I use some of the ELK system and area status items to trigger HS events and send me notification emails to call my attention to the ELK condition.

Keep me on your list as interested in your 4x ELK plugin. I would be happy to beta test and purchase a full release version once it is ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X