HS3 plugin no longer runs under HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 plugin no longer runs under HS4?

Looking for a little guidance here. My X10 plugins have been running fine under HS4 for quite some time and I've not made any changes to them recently. In April of this year I began receiving reports from new users that the plugin would not start - with an error message of: "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from X10 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." The plugin is then terminated by HS4 and it will not run when restarted (same error message). HS log entries look like this:

Code:
    Error Initializing plug-in(2): X10 Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr)
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:InitIO (string)
    at Scheduler.PluginHolder.InitIO (System.String PortNumber) [0x0000b] in :0
    at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000bf] in :0
    System info (thanks for the reminder alexbk66) for a R-Pi that I just built for testing:
    Date/time=7/5/2022 2:43:15 PM UTC
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi 30-Day Trial Edition 4.2.13.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.182 (tarball Tue Jun 14 22:53:32 UTC 2022)
    License=Trial Mode With 30 days left
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=5 Days 20 Hours 47 Minutes 18 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.2.102 (HS4PiV6)
    Device Count=0
    Event Count=0
    Plugins Enabled=X10:
    Modules/Threads=82 Modules, 36 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=114 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=X10 3.0.0.60,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
    Disk Size=59.63GB

Note that the settings on this particular test machine were all left at default except for disabling the MyHs service.

It looks like this may only be happening on HS4-Pi and I cannot recreate the issue on any Windows machines.

Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas where to begin?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Normally you should post output from Tools => Help, especially if it looks like Mono issue.

Comment

Could it be due to the 'Start Plugins in Background' being ticked?

(Setup/Labs tab).
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Could it be due to the 'Start Plugins in Background' being ticked?

(Setup/Labs tab).
        Good thought. It is not enabled on my just built test R-Pi - which is exhibiting the bad behavior. Don't know about user's machines yet, will have to check on that.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

Comment

Just pitching in, what port number is this X10 defaulting to? Seem to recall , a very long time ago, issues w HS4 at startup when accessing port numbers as integers versus string or something like that ... I see port number 0 which I assume is not something "standard" on a Linux built, is it?
          Suspect an uncaught exception while calling InitIO causes this to trip up. I suspect you can edit the .ini file and make sure it calls a real / Linux compliant port

Comment

Hi Dirk, thanks for your thinking about this! Yes, editing the ini with a valid serial port and restarting seems to resolve the issue. What is odd is that an error is never thrown in my code and I've added error trapping and test code around that entire section and no error is ever trapped. What is more perplexing is that this code had been unchanged for years and has been running fine, even when invalid serial ports were entered...

Thank you for your time!
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

Working...
            X