Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does plugin approval usually take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does plugin approval usually take?

I submitted just over a week ago but have no idea how long it should take?

Does your development portal show "submitted"? Sometimes it has taken a week or so for them to look at my submitted changes. When I first submitted my plugin, it did also take some back and forth before I had submitted everything correctly.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James, yes it says submitted. I'll give it another week.

Comment

Yeah, it can take a week. I always submit the BETA first (which is immediate) - so the users can start testing.

BTW, there's a small bug in the developers portal (for many years now) - to have proper plugin history log you must submit the plugin twice.

Comment

It's approved today, so it took about a week and a half. As it's my first plugin the beta option wasn't available, but I seem to have got everything right first time and the time it took seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Seems someone had a week off or so. I submitted an update of a plugin and it took about a week. I'm used to a few hours or days.

By the way, they had to give me rights to use the beta option when I had already released some plugins. So you may want to check if you already got those rights (check if you can select files and if there is a button Save and Release beta), to make sure you can upload a beta if needed.
            Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
            Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

When submitting the plugin I get the error message "The file uploaded did not contain the correct files and was rejected". I think this message is for the plugin zip file since all other files are saved successfully. I have packaged the plugin as per the Plugin Packaging Instructions here. The only minor change is I have zip files inside my main zip file. For example, the html.zip file contains all the HTML files, dll.zip file contains all the DLL files. There is a UNZIPOVER install command to handle this scenario, so I think HS4 should support this. The name of the file is in the format "pluginId_version". Example: Demo_4-0-0-5.zip.

How can I solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by hembhagat View Post
                When submitting the plugin I get the error message "The file uploaded did not contain the correct files and was rejected". I think this message is for the plugin zip file since all other files are saved successfully. I have packaged the plugin as per the Plugin Packaging Instructions here. The only minor change is I have zip files inside my main zip file. For example, the html.zip file contains all the HTML files, dll.zip file contains all the DLL files. There is a UNZIPOVER install command to handle this scenario, so I think HS4 should support this. The name of the file is in the format "pluginId_version". Example: Demo_4-0-0-5.zip.

How can I solve this?
                May be post the contents of your zip file.

Also, ask support@homeseer.com

Comment

These are the contents of my zip file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1611747

Comment

And the contents of the install.txt file?

Also I'm fairly sure you can't have a plugin named "Demo" so the filename is wrong.

Comment

I have used Demo for example purposes only. But I am facing this issue with the real plugin name as well. Here are the contents of my install.txt file,

Code:
                      HSPI_Demo.exe,.,0
                      HSPI_Demo.exe.config,.,0
                      html.zip,[UNZIPOVER],.\html\Demo
                      images.zip,[UNZIPOVER],.\html\images\Demo
                      dlls.zip,[UNZIPOVER],.\Bin\Demo
                      Also, are there any other restrictions for the name of the plugin which I need to take care of?​ If so, please let me know.

Comment

Maybe:

- Bin is case sensitive? certainly installing on Linux that could cause problems
                        - UNZIPOVER not allowed for the bin folder for security reasons?
                        - name of plugin exe must match the assembly name and must match your plugin ID

Why not remove the DLLS from the zip file and see if that works?

Here's what I use for ControlsPlus:

Code:
                        xxxx,[CHECKVERSION],4.2.0.0
                        HSPI_ControlsPlus.exe,.,0
                        HSPI_ControlsPlus.exe.config,.,0
                        html.zip,[UNZIPOVER],.\html\ControlsPlus
                        HSCF.dll,.\bin\ControlsPlus,0
                        Newtonsoft.Json.dll,.\bin\ControlsPlus,0
                        PluginSdk.dll,.\bin\ControlsPlus,0​

Comment

Originally posted by pseudocode View Post
                          Bin is case sensitive? certainly installing on Linux that could cause problems
                          In the HS4 installation, the Bin folder is with uppercase B. Hence, using "bin" will only work on Windows. In order for it to work on Linux it should be "Bin" since Linux is case-sensitive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1611756

name of plugin exe must match the assembly name and must match your plugin ID
                          I have ensured it. Just for confirmation, if my plugin ID is Demo, then my exe should be HSPI_Demo. Is it right?

UNZIPOVER not allowed for the bin folder for security reasons?
                          ​​​
                          This can might be the case. I will check by replacing it with UNZIP command. But the UNZIP command won't be useful, if I update the library version, I want its DLL to be overwritten.

Also, the install.txt which I previously mentioned works perfectly fine with the manual updater (updater_override.json).

Comment

Why not remove the DLLS from the zip file and see if that works?
                            In some cases I have DLLs inside directories. Example, when I use SQLite database, I get some DLLs inside the x86 and x64 directories. The folder structure needs to be maintained so that the application can access the DLLs. Since the directories are not allowed inside the zip folder, I need to go with option of zipping the DLLs together. The zip will contain the DLLs as per the original folder structure and when extracted the folder structure will be maintained.

Comment

Case sensitive file names may be an issue when actually installing, but not when submitting the plugin.

hembhagat your install.txt seems to be missing CHECKVERSION?

Also you can try installing your zip manually using updater_override.json

Comment

Working...
                              X