Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that HS4 "news" and such has been released when am I free to inform MY USERS that None of my plugins work with HS4 and I won't be updating them to support HS4???

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
      Now that HS4 "news" and such has been released when am I free to inform MY USERS that None of my plugins work with HS4 and I won't be updating them to support HS4???
      Legitimate question, but - Why would you not support HS4?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Legitimate question, but - Why would you not support HS4?
        My plugins do not work correctly and I want to inform users of this so there's no expectation from users. I have no time nor incentive to update the plugins as my users have already expressed they will NOT pay for new versions.

Comment

Example:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...12#post1327412

Not my plugin, but this is general consensus from my users as well. They won't pay for a new version just to run on HS4. The current facts of things are HS3 plugins do not work correctly with HS4. It has been said "HS3 plugins will work with HS4"... Work is very subjective to perspective. Does the plugin start and run? Yes. Is it usable? Not really. This to me is not acceptable and provides a poor user experience. A lot of effort will be required to just make the plugins "work correctly" with HS4 all because of the UI and device changes. This is not trivial. Because this is not trivial I have to chose to support/maintain two versions or one. I chose at this point in time to only support/maintain the HS3 version only and as HS4 matures I will then reevaluate based on user demand and time/interest to invest.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            So, throwing another, probably unpopular opinion out there. This was released to us too early. There aren't enough details or good examples for people to properly update their plugins and people are getting more frustrated than they need to. I think HST needs to rethink their timeline. I think it's being forced out and that could end in disaster. I think some of the developers who aren't really "developers" will just give up and keep their HS3 plugins which is not what HS wants.

I realize you wanted to/had to make drastic changes, but you should have had a full set of documentation in place before giving people access. That level of documentation can take a good couple of months to properly do.
            I agree.

I enjoy the challenge of figuring out new stuff, to an extent. I've got about 3 days effort into porting over one HS3 plug-in to HS4 and I haven't even started trying to convert over any of the configuration/setup screens. Given what I've done so far to get enough of a settings screen to work so that I could actually run the plug-in, it's going to be a pretty major effort to the get the setttings screens created. The "view" classes don't have granular enough control for me to get anything like the current layout.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in
            http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

So, throwing another, probably unpopular opinion out there. This was released to us too early. There aren't enough details or good examples for people to properly update their plugins and people are getting more frustrated than they need to. I think HST needs to rethink their timeline. I think it's being forced out and that could end in disaster. I think some of the developers who aren't really "developers" will just give up and keep their HS3 plugins which is not what HS wants.

I realize you wanted to/had to make drastic changes, but you should have had a full set of documentation in place before giving people access. That level of documentation can take a good couple of months to properly do.
              Agree totally. Like it or not the majority of the overall user base will take at least a year to migrate, I really think HS should plan a longer and more incremental migration.

Comment

Uploaded build .19, see the initial post.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Using .21 I am still seeing this in one of my HS3 plugins I am testing

Error finding plugin in GenPage: Unable to cast object of type 'Scheduler.PluginHolder' to type 'HomeSeerAPI.IAllRemoteAPI'.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

How do I get the newest version? .19 link in OP doesn't work. tried .21, still no go.

Comment

rjh how do we get the latest version? I cant get the .21 link to work either...

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        rjh how do we get the latest version? I cant get the .21 link to work either...
                        How do I get the newest version? .19 link in OP doesn't work. tried .21, still no go.
                        See Here
                        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

Thanks. I was in the wrong sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                            Same old issue still exists with the installation of all plugins for certain regional settings. For instance, Country: Netherlands, Regional format: English (Netherlands):
                            Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates3\Neato Robot Vacuums3.0.0.13\Neato_3.0.0.13.zip, 1 is not a supported code page. Parameter name: codepage on line 0

New issue with plugin with a "/" in the name, like my "JLR Jaguar / Land Rover Vehicles" plugin:
                            Unable to create directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates3\JLR Jaguar / Land Rover Vehicles3.0.0.3 :Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates3\JLR Jaguar \ Land Rover Vehicles3.0.0.3'.
                            Please help me out here, because I obviously don't understand how this works. You request us to test, I am the first to report two issues, and 6 releases later the same issues still exist. No acknowledgement of the issues, and certainly not fixed.
                            stefxx

Comment

Hi, anyone else having trouble installing the HomeSeer HS4 Plugin SDK via Visual Studio 2019 and NuGet? I can search for and find the HomeSeer-PluginSDK v1.0.8.1 from the NuGet dependency manager, but when I go to install it, I get:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                              Error An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for 'HomeSeer-PluginSDK.1.0.8.1' from source 'NuGet Gallery'.
                              Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'https://www.nuget.org/FindPackagesById()?id='HomeSeer-PluginSDK'&semVerLevel=2.0.0' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).
                              Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

So then, I tried to download the package and install from local, then it complains about not finding Newtonsoft.json:

Error Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'https://www.nuget.org/FindPackagesById()?id='Newtonsoft.Json'&semVerLevel=2.0.0' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

I suppose I can get the Newtonsoft.Json library and install from local as well, but that doesn't seem right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Do you need the source? If not, the latest Beta of HS4 includes the latest PluginSdk.dll in /bin/HomeSeer so you can just add a reference to that. If you need the source its on GitHub.

I am not sure why you are getting that error, but I will look into it.

Originally posted by royf View Post
                                Hi, anyone else having trouble installing the HomeSeer HS4 Plugin SDK via Visual Studio 2019 and NuGet? I can search for and find the HomeSeer-PluginSDK v1.0.8.1 from the NuGet dependency manager, but when I go to install it, I get:

Error An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for 'HomeSeer-PluginSDK.1.0.8.1' from source 'NuGet Gallery'.
                                Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'https://www.nuget.org/FindPackagesById()?id='HomeSeer-PluginSDK'&semVerLevel=2.0.0' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

So then, I tried to download the package and install from local, then it complains about not finding Newtonsoft.json:

Error Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'https://www.nuget.org/FindPackagesById()?id='Newtonsoft.Json'&semVerLevel=2.0.0' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

I suppose I can get the Newtonsoft.Json library and install from local as well, but that doesn't seem right.

Any help would be appreciated.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X