PluginSdk.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    Because it takes developers time to support the changes - for virtually no return. Unless you are willing to pay the developers for providing support?
    We are the providers and they are the takers. We develop the plugins that makes the product usable and attractive and they just take their 30% which probably amounts to the majority of HST revenue aside from hardware sales. Why from a business perspective would they pay us to provide support for our plugins when we have the "glory" of developing a plugin for "HomeSeer". We should be grateful for the privilege of developing for them for free. Unlike other platforms I develop for where they commission and pay for expenses (software, hardware if needed) and an upfront incentive to develop the plugin for them. But those are "Professional" automation systems and not "Hobby" systems as I keep being told that HomeSeer is a "hobby diy system".

Comment

I for one wrote a free plugin because I wanted to, for a piece of hardware I wanted to use, and yes, it was glorious. And it's free to anyone. And I thank HST for providing an API I was able to figure out considering I don't write programs for a living.

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

We are the providers and they are the takers. We develop the plugins that makes the product usable and attractive and they just take their 30% which probably amounts to the majority of HST revenue aside from hardware sales. Why from a business perspective would they pay us to provide support for our plugins when we have the "glory" of developing a plugin for "HomeSeer". We should be grateful for the privilege of developing for them for free. Unlike other platforms I develop for where they commission and pay for expenses (software, hardware if needed) and an upfront incentive to develop the plugin for them. But those are "Professional" automation systems and not "Hobby" systems as I keep being told that HomeSeer is a "hobby diy system".
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
      X