Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1325803

and in HS4:

Click image for larger version

Name:	VStat-HS4.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1325804
    I'm probably missing something fundamental, but how does anybody make any sensible use of this in HS4? Thermostats can be way more complicated than this representation encapsulates.

There needs to be a flag so that, if desired, all of the child devices and information can be presented and worked with, not just various bits wrapped up into the root device.

I appreciate it is only alpha so I'm looking forward to seeing how the new interface develops before I put any work into trying to update my plug-ins.

Steve

Comment

Can you attach an HSD file that has your thermostat device in it so I can have a look. I know there are more parts to some thermostats, I just don't have one right here to test. The current display uses the device types assigned to the child devices to build that view. I suspect you have some other child devices that do not fit in with the current device types. I will modify the view so they are all available.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

+1 on this!

A Virtual Thermostat from my SDJ-VStat plug-in in HS3:

Name:	VStat-HS3.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1325803

and in HS4:

Name:	VStat-HS4.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1325804
      I'm probably missing something fundamental, but how does anybody make any sensible use of this in HS4? Thermostats can be way more complicated than this representation encapsulates.

There needs to be a flag so that, if desired, all of the child devices and information can be presented and worked with, not just various bits wrapped up into the root device.

I appreciate it is only alpha so I'm looking forward to seeing how the new interface develops before I put any work into trying to update my plug-ins.

Steve
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Fixed this as the control count should be 2 rows with up to 4 buttons each.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        You are correct in that we want to present devices as a unified group as that is what the user would expect. As mentioned you can see that with the thermostat devices. We can build that in a special way because each child device has a device type associated with it. So we know when a device is a setpoint, etc.

In your case we do honor the row/col specification for the status pairs. So you can specify how the primary device displays on the device page. We limit the max controls here to 6 formatted at 2 rows with 4 controls each. If there are more, then the controls are displayed on a separate dialog (not coded yet). Do you need to display more than 6 controls? Does a row/col layout not work? If not, we can discuss a better way to display. We are still in discussion with other media control plugin authors about how to layout and control media devices. Using device types might be a way to note common controls like play, pause, artists, etc. But in your case, you can probably have a dozen different controls so it may not work there.

Comment

Can you attach an HSD file that has your thermostat device in it so I can have a look. I know there are more parts to some thermostats, I just don't have one right here to test. The current display uses the device types assigned to the child devices to build that view. I suspect you have some other child devices that do not fit in with the current device types. I will modify the view so they are all available.

rjh
          Attached zipped fresh HSD file as example with 2 VStats created by the plug-in but no other devices. One VStat is a Heating VStat and one is a Cooling VStat. Whilst the plug-in treats the two types differently the only significant difference between the two sets of devices is that the Target Temperature control use is set to 'Heat Setpoint' or 'Cool Setpoint' as appropriate.
          There are no other devices or events in the HSD file so the VStats aren't configured with sensors and control devices but the Root and Child devices that make up each VStat are there.
          Some of the graphics will be missing if you load it because they are custom graphics installed in their own folder by the plug-in.

If you want a description of what each child device does the guide is installed by the plug-in but it is also in the forum sub-folder link below:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...j/109253-guide

One of the main reasons for the child devices is that you can easily set up fully featured custom Thermostat screens in HSTouch using Designer. However it is good to have straight access to all the child information and controls in the web interface mainly when configuring the system.

Thanks for looking at this,
          Steve
          VStat Example HomeSeerData.hsd File.zip

Comment

Ok, thanks for this, I will load and see how we can display this.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

rjh
            Attached zipped fresh HSD file as example with 2 VStats created by the plug-in but no other devices. One VStat is a Heating VStat and one is a Cooling VStat. Whilst the plug-in treats the two types differently the only significant difference between the two sets of devices is that the Target Temperature control use is set to 'Heat Setpoint' or 'Cool Setpoint' as appropriate.
            There are no other devices or events in the HSD file so the VStats aren't configured with sensors and control devices but the Root and Child devices that make up each VStat are there.
            Some of the graphics will be missing if you load it because they are custom graphics installed in their own folder by the plug-in.

If you want a description of what each child device does the guide is installed by the plug-in but it is also in the forum sub-folder link below:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...j/109253-guide

One of the main reasons for the child devices is that you can easily set up fully featured custom Thermostat screens in HSTouch using Designer. However it is good to have straight access to all the child information and controls in the web interface mainly when configuring the system.

Thanks for looking at this,
            Steve
            [ATTACH]n1325973[/ATTACH]

Comment

Ok, thanks for this, I will load and see how we can display this.

rjh Thanks.
              I realise that if you load the HSD file other graphics like the days schedule won't show without installing the SDJ-VStat plug-in.

Name:	Schedule.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1326196

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X