Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when retrieving IP Address at init

rjh
    Rich, why does this feel like you fixed this for me in version 492 or something. Each instance at init will retrieve the IP address from HS calling GetIPAdress.

I get this error

9/9/2019 1:34:07 PM
    Error
    Initializing plug-in(2): Sonos Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Service Version: NO_VERSIONSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.PluginHolder.InitIO(String PortNumber) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

However, once HS has done starting up it's server, the error is gone
    9/9/2019 1:36:21 PM Web Server Web Server started on port 80
    9/9/2019 1:36:21 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.1.24 (255.255.255.0)

Subsequent calls are successful. I seem to recall getting the wrong (bounded IP address) at init because something you were doing on the HS3 side wasn't finished yet.

ah .... I found your email ..

The problem was that I was starting up the plugins before the web server but the web server is where the binding info was deteremined, hence GetIPAddress would fail as it was accessing a variable that was not set. So I changed the startup to start the web server then plugins. I don't believe that will cause any issues. Please try this build and see if its ok now:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_492.msi

And yes, just got back from CES. We did not exhibit this year, just looked for new products.

-Rich

Did we lose this fix or something similar broken?

Yes, I did fix this, will have to look to see what happened. Its possible the current HS4 code base is missing some recent HS3 changes. I will see.

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    rjh
    Rich, why does this feel like you fixed this for me in version 492 or something. Each instance at init will retrieve the IP address from HS calling GetIPAdress.

I get this error

9/9/2019 1:34:07 PM
    Error
    Initializing plug-in(2): Sonos Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Service Version: NO_VERSIONSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.PluginHolder.InitIO(String PortNumber) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

However, once HS has done starting up it's server, the error is gone
    9/9/2019 1:36:21 PM Web Server Web Server started on port 80
    9/9/2019 1:36:21 PM Web Server Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.1.24 (255.255.255.0)

Subsequent calls are successful. I seem to recall getting the wrong (bounded IP address) at init because something you were doing on the HS3 side wasn't finished yet.

ah .... I found your email ..

The problem was that I was starting up the plugins before the web server but the web server is where the binding info was deteremined, hence GetIPAddress would fail as it was accessing a variable that was not set. So I changed the startup to start the web server then plugins. I don't believe that will cause any issues. Please try this build and see if its ok now:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_492.msi

And yes, just got back from CES. We did not exhibit this year, just looked for new products.

-Rich

Did we lose this fix or something similar broken?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Appears fixed in version .22

Comment

Working...
      X