Can we consider a proper bug tracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we consider a proper bug tracker?

The subforum is a step in the right direction, but I think after a while it will become unmanageable for Developers and HST. Has any consideration been given to using a proper bug/issue tracker? I think someomone mentioned you have code up on GitHub, why not use their issue tracker?

If you use AzureDevOps, Jira, et al, they each should allow you to grant limited access to create bugs and track them.
    MeiAutomtion Home

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    The subforum is a step in the right direction, but I think after a while it will become unmanageable for Developers and HST. Has any consideration been given to using a proper bug/issue tracker? I think someomone mentioned you have code up on GitHub, why not use their issue tracker?

If you use AzureDevOps, Jira, et al, they each should allow you to grant limited access to create bugs and track them.
    Yeah I mentioned using GitHub with a private project. If Github is already being used for the Sample distribution then it's logical to use the issue tracker that's built in. This would keep all of the bugs in a single location where everyone can see them and comment on them and even provide fixes IN THE CODE through forks and pull requests. Maybe this is too technical though it's not a mobile app.

Comment

This is one of my top priorities. Absolutely. This Sub-forum is a start of an effort to get the information more organized to make it easier to sort through later as we get a new/better issue tracker going.

GitHub or JIRA is likely what will be used. Stay tuned.
      - JL West
      HomeSeer Software Engineer
      sigpic

Comment

The Plugin SDK source has been published to GitHub: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK

Please use this repository for tracking issues having to do with the development and/or operation of HS4 plugins. Issues relating to the operation of HS3 plugins or the UI of the platform itself should still be posted in this subforum for now.

Thank you!
        - JL West
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post
          The Plugin SDK source has been published to GitHub: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK
          Thank you! Now it starts looking like proper SW engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by JLDubz View Post

Please use this repository for tracking issues having to do with the development and/or operation of HS4 plugins. Issues relating to the operation of HS3 plugins or the UI of the platform itself should still be posted in this subforum for now.

Thank you!
            I asked in another thread, but is the intent that you'll let the community fork and submit pull requests for potential inclusion into the sdk?
            MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I asked in another thread, but is the intent that you'll let the community fork and submit pull requests for potential inclusion into the sdk?
              Yes. Absolutely. Please contribute. The entire purpose for publishing to GitHub is to open-source the SDK and encourage community contributions and improve the developer experience when working with the SDK.
              - JL West
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X