Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things/features I'd like to see added

Hi Rich,

Probably this is (well) too late to incorporate in HS4, but I think these points should get some HS love soon (or a statement of what HS thinks about these technologies). Maybe others can cheer in, or this topic can be closed if it is not appropriate.
    • MQTT: yes, Michael has done a great job with his plugin (thx Michael McSharry - you got me hooked on MQTT!), but this should be CORE functionality. It has a lot of traction in the IoT market (e.g. Shelly, Tasmota, BlueIris, ...)
    • NodeRed: the HS event engine is rock solid, but it is not advanced. Creating advanced automations (if/else anyone) takes multiple automations. NodeRed would greatly reduce the step for not so savy people to create really advanced automations. These automations can also easily be shared on the forum (export JSON)
    • (plain text file configuration) --> version control !!
    • customization of the UI (ala HomeAssistant - don't shoot me :-) )
    Don't want to start a flame here, I've been a long time HS user and bought a dozen of paid plugins. Just want to know what the HS expactations of these technologies are.

Cheers,
    Kris

Someone else suggested .net core. It's the future, with better Linux compatibility!

I agree, MQTT is awesome!
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I thought we had MQTTT covered with the available plugin. I actually have never looked at it, but can take a look. I never heard of NodeRed until today, but can look into it.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        I thought we had MQTTT covered with the available plugin. I actually have never looked at it, but can take a look. I never heard of NodeRed until today, but can look into it.
        You had other technologies already covered by plugins, but included those!!! (I'm just messing with ya rjh !!! Too soon for a joke?)

Comment

Wait... are you serious you've never heard of Node-RED until today? There's even a installer/plugin I wrote that's in the store! Do a forum search and Node-RED is all over and PEOPLE WANT IT. You want to integrate something and provide REAL VALUE there's your ticket!!!

Yeah there's an MQTT plugin and it's a really good client. How about a small integrated MQTT server that is core? Or even a basic MQTT client/server pair that is native.

Comment

JLDubz , rjh
            And another suggestion: some kind of integrated web server which can be used to receive push notifications, i.e. WebSockets. Many devices are capable of sending notifications, but since HS doesn't have any functionality for that - plugins have to poll the devices for changes, which is last century.

For example, Shelly devices can post to the configured URL when some state chages.
            Or Google calendar can send push notifications, but instead I have to poll the calendars for changes.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              JLDubz , rjh
              And another suggestion: some kind of integrated web server which can be used to receive push notifications, i.e. WebSockets. Many devices are capable of sending notifications, but since HS doesn't have any functionality for that - plugins have to poll the devices for changes, which is last century.

For example, Shelly devices can post to the configured URL when some state chages.
              Or Google calendar can send push notifications, but instead I have to poll the calendars for changes.
              Hit me up on the posting to pages and processing as I do that with my plugins. The same with google pushing you have to go through MyHS for that.

Comment

Sure, MQTT is covered. but it should be a standard (and vital) part of the HS core engine.

Regarding Node-Red, this is a flow I created yesterday for a customer (on HomeAssistant) to charge his electrical bike for a certain amount of minutes AFTER the battery had cooled down.
                Requirements:
                - Stop charging when nobody home (resume when back home)
                - Stop the charging timer when the charger gets manually turned off
                - Once all time has elapsed, no further charging

With standard HomeAssistant (and HomeSeer) this would have taken me a couple of automations/events. In NodeRed it looks like this:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	nodered.png Views:	0 Size:	294.8 KB ID:	1325964

The UI looks like this:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	card.png Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	1325965

This all was created in well under 3 hours without the need of any plugin. I can make really cool stuff in NodeRed with very little effort which would have cost me hours (if not days) in HomeAssistant or HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
                  Hit me up on the posting to pages and processing as I do that with my plugins. The same with google pushing you have to go through MyHS for that.
                  Not sure what you mean, can you please clarify?

Comment

Working...
                  X