Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Developer Benefits

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS4 Developer Benefits

    Hello Devs,

    You have spoken and we have listened. We are going to address a few of your concerns immediately while still internally discussing others until we finalize the terms of developing plugins and what that package includes. Below is a short list of some changes for HS4 plugin development.
    • At sign-up
      • 90-Day HS4 Trial license
    • After submission of first plugin
      • 90-Day HS4 Trial license becomes full HS4 PRO license
      • A second full HS4 STD license
      • MyHS for Devs which will allow for multiple systems and multiple users (additional MyHS features will have additional costs).
    We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures and commission rate changes.

    Secondly, we will be providing some more incentive to move your plugins over to HS4. The first 10 authors to port over a fully functional plugin will receive a HomeTroller Zee S4 loaded with HS4. We will post names upon completion of the giveaway.

    Thanks!

    ~Jon
    Jon Smith
    website | products | support | youtube

    #2
    This is all great news. thanks Jon and the HST team! I think things are going in the right direction
    MeiAutomtion Home

    Comment


      #3
      Beat me to it Frank. Yes I agree this is a great start in the right direction.

      Comment


        #4
        Now that's how a vendor responds to an email...

        Comment


          #5
          So how about those that have published HS3 PIs? No HS4 free license?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            So how about those that have published HS3 PIs? No HS4 free license?
            Will your plugins be available for HS4?
            Jon Smith
            website | products | support | youtube

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jseer View Post

              Will your plugins be available for HS4?
              Loaded question ๐Ÿ˜Ž

              My first objective is to make my HS3 PIs work under HS4 and I already submitted 2 issues and expect some more and suspect on occasion some changes in HS4 will break something.

              The second objective, and this will depend on what new functions HS4 will enable, is a significant rewrite of my PIs to work as a โ€œHS4โ€ PI. Donโ€™t under estimate the effort needed to undo the multipleinstancessingleexe work. A good discussion is underway with Rich to revisit better support for Media devices so likelyhood is good that I will develop a specific HS4 version but Iโ€™m sure not going to win the price as one of the first 10 PIs ๐Ÿ˜‹

              Thoughts?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                Loaded question ๐Ÿ˜Ž

                My first objective is to make my HS3 PIs work under HS4 and I already submitted 2 issues and expect some more and suspect on occasion some changes in HS4 will break something.

                The second objective, and this will depend on what new functions HS4 will enable, is a significant rewrite of my PIs to work as a โ€œHS4โ€ PI. Donโ€™t under estimate the effort needed to undo the multipleinstancessingleexe work. A good discussion is underway with Rich to revisit better support for Media devices so likelyhood is good that I will develop a specific HS4 version but Iโ€™m sure not going to win the price as one of the first 10 PIs ๐Ÿ˜‹

                Thoughts?
                Hey Dirk,

                It looks like the entirety of my post didn't go through so I will add it here.

                The intention is that if you're moving your plugins to HS4 or plan to, you will get a license but we are not married to that and understand the time you guys have already invested.

                We will be releasing more info on why moving your plugin to HS4 is advantageous, soon.
                Jon Smith
                website | products | support | youtube

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jseer View Post
                  Will your plugins be available for HS4?
                  Didn't you say before that HS3 plugins will work in HS4?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    Didn't you say before that HS3 plugins will work in HS4?
                    Yes and that is still true. I should have been more clear! Converted is a better word than work.

                    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

                    Jon Smith
                    website | products | support | youtube

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jseer View Post
                      Yes and that is still true. I should have been more clear! Converted is a better word than work.

                      Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                      Well which is it? Work and Converted are different.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by simplextech View Post

                        Well which is it? Work and Converted are different.
                        They will work but my intended question to Dirk should have included converted instead of work.

                        Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

                        Jon Smith
                        website | products | support | youtube

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jseer View Post
                          • At sign-up
                            • 90-Day HS4 Trial license
                          • After submission of first plugin
                            • 90-Day HS4 Trial license becomes full HS4 PRO license
                            • A second full HS4 STD license
                            • MyHS for Devs which will allow for multiple systems and multiple users (additional MyHS features will have additional costs).
                          We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures and commission rate changes.
                          So Jon, does this mean that we don't need to pay for HS4 upgrade? Because personally I'm not willing to spend any $$ on HS.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                            So Jon, does this mean that we don't need to pay for HS4 upgrade? Because personally I'm not willing to spend any $$ on HS.
                            Nope, you do not, unless you want more than two licenses or want to upgrade your STD to a PRO.
                            Jon Smith
                            website | products | support | youtube

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jseer View Post
                              Nope, you do not, unless you want more than two licenses or want to upgrade your STD to a PRO.
                              I do have Pro license. Can I use the new HS4 PRO license for my HS, and the new HS4 STD for test server?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X