X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jseer
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    I understand the HS devs are busy (so are we ...), and the indicated public beta release date probably also adds some extra pressure.
    Are we going to start the beta with:
    • 41 open issues on GitHub
    • Over 14 TODO's in the SDK code, and parts of code just commented out ?
    • No tests in the SDK (I'm going to keep on repeating this - this is a huge NO NO NO for me as professional SW developer)
    I know this thread is not the place to discuss this, but finally somebody from HST is looking again at this part of the forum. Don't forget we too are putting lots of time in this. We've been promised better/more advanced examples, documentation, ...

EDIT:
    Do not forget the SDK is available for everyone to see on GitHub. People looking into buying HomeSeer will not be impressed if they land on your GitHub page only to find out the SDK seems abandoned (>40 open issues (some open for months), no HST response for weeks). Not sure if that is the impression you want to give possible new customers.
    Sincerely appreciate the input. I am going to pass this along and do my best to get your concerns addressed. Thanks you!

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Originally posted by jseer View Post
    Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.
    I understand the HS devs are busy (so are we ...), and the indicated public beta release date probably also adds some extra pressure.
    Are we going to start the beta with:
    • 41 open issues on GitHub
    • Over 14 TODO's in the SDK code, and parts of code just commented out ?
    • No tests in the SDK (I'm going to keep on repeating this - this is a huge NO NO NO for me as professional SW developer)
    I know this thread is not the place to discuss this, but finally somebody from HST is looking again at this part of the forum. Don't forget we too are putting lots of time in this. We've been promised better/more advanced examples, documentation, ...

EDIT:
    Do not forget the SDK is available for everyone to see on GitHub. People looking into buying HomeSeer will not be impressed if they land on your GitHub page only to find out the SDK seems abandoned (>40 open issues (some open for months), no HST response for weeks). Not sure if that is the impression you want to give possible new customers.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    So far there are still 6 spots open for the free HS4 Zee S2!
    ~Jon
    Do you just offer Zee S2, or there's a catch?

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.
    ~Jon
    The SDK shouldn't be "for developers". SDK should be also used for the product itself. Big mistake having separate SDK for external users. Duplicate work, unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Hi jseer, thanks for the license !
    No problem. The PRO license will be coming soon as well.

Maybe more spots for the S2 could have been filled if HST was monitoring this forum? Lots of questions and/or bugs haven't got a reply for weeks. Github also seems dead ? SDK documentation is completely absent, so it takes a lot more time for us to find out how things work.
    While I am not on the development team, I do work closely with them. I will bring your reasonable concerns to them. Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.

I'm not in it for the Zee S2, it could end up more expensive on taxes than the selling price for people in the EU.
    We will definitely be sending the product the best way possible to mitigate any VAT. While I understand the Zee S2 is not necessarily the reason for developing but it's still a part in this sprint we are all in.

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Hi jseer, thanks for the license !

Maybe more spots for the S2 could have been filled if HST was monitoring this forum? Lots of questions and/or bugs haven't got a reply for weeks. Github also seems dead ? SDK documentation is completely absent, so it takes a lot more time for us to find out how things work.

I'm not in it for the Zee S2, it could end up more expensive on taxes than the selling price for people in the EU.

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    So far there are still 6 spots open for the free HS4 Zee S2! Keep in mind that we are doing an expanded BETA on February 4th. There will be many more eyes on HS4. If you are looking for feedback on your plugins, this will be a great opportunity. Let me know if you have any questions!

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    alexbk66 asked me a good question that I will share. "to switch between HS systems in HSMobile usually one needs additional subscription. How does it work for developers?"

We have not finalized MyHS for Devs yet. We are working on it right now though. Once we are done with the MyHS for Devs, you will be able to utilize the Switch Systems option.

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    HS4 Licenses are starting to be sent out and will be emailed throughout this week.

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

jseer John you said also that you will revise the plugin marketing model. I realise that HST making money by taking 30% cut, but this also either
    a. increases plugin price significantly - which becomes a deterrent for the users, or
    b. decreases developers profit - which makes it less appealing for us (devs) to spend long nights developing the plugins (and having troubles with wifes)
    What I said exactly is "We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures..."

Nothing has come to fruition yet. I will update you guys with information once it is available.

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Great question guys! The current list of developers will all get everything specified. We will be sending those licenses out fairly soon. Still finalizing the easiest way to handle it. I am hoping to have them to you by the before the BETA is released.

~Jon
    jseer John you said also that you will revise the plugin marketing model. I realise that HST making money by taking 30% cut, but this also either
    a. increases plugin price significantly - which becomes a deterrent for the users, or
    b. decreases developers profit - which makes it less appealing for us (devs) to spend long nights developing the plugins (and having troubles with wifes)

Currently I'm not willing to even start working on HS4 migration - my wife hardly coped with me sitting at night in front of my computer, but at least I could explain that it would be finished soon - and the family will have the husband and the father back. How do I explain now that I have to go back and spend more time?

Leave a comment:

• jseer
    replied
    Great question guys! The current list of developers will all get everything specified. We will be sending those licenses out fairly soon. Still finalizing the easiest way to handle it. I am hoping to have them to you by the before the BETA is released.

~Jon

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Yeah. in the same boat over here...
    Don't have any free time untill the christmas season to work on my plugin (except for bugfixes)

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Have to chime in as well. I have full time work plus other projects that are consuming my time currently.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Same here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X