This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
    I do have Pro license. Can I use the new HS4 PRO license for my HS, and the new HS4 STD for test server?
    Certainly. However you wish to use those 2 licenses is up to you. I recommend at least one being a test license though!

Comment

jseer Do we have to produce an HS4 plugin to get the HS4 licenses or is that given because we are developers of even just HS3 plugins? I don't see my free time freeing up until after 12/2 or even 1/1/2020.

(not that I'm not going to upgrade, but it looks like my free time is nill until at least 12/2/2019 or even 1/1/2020)

Comment

Same here

Comment

Have to chime in as well. I have full time work plus other projects that are consuming my time currently.

Comment

Yeah. in the same boat over here...
            Don't have any free time untill the christmas season to work on my plugin (except for bugfixes)

Comment

Great question guys! The current list of developers will all get everything specified. We will be sending those licenses out fairly soon. Still finalizing the easiest way to handle it. I am hoping to have them to you by the before the BETA is released.

~Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jseer View Post
                Great question guys! The current list of developers will all get everything specified. We will be sending those licenses out fairly soon. Still finalizing the easiest way to handle it. I am hoping to have them to you by the before the BETA is released.

~Jon
                jseer John you said also that you will revise the plugin marketing model. I realise that HST making money by taking 30% cut, but this also either
                a. increases plugin price significantly - which becomes a deterrent for the users, or
                b. decreases developers profit - which makes it less appealing for us (devs) to spend long nights developing the plugins (and having troubles with wifes)

Currently I'm not willing to even start working on HS4 migration - my wife hardly coped with me sitting at night in front of my computer, but at least I could explain that it would be finished soon - and the family will have the husband and the father back. How do I explain now that I have to go back and spend more time?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

jseer John you said also that you will revise the plugin marketing model. I realise that HST making money by taking 30% cut, but this also either
                  a. increases plugin price significantly - which becomes a deterrent for the users, or
                  b. decreases developers profit - which makes it less appealing for us (devs) to spend long nights developing the plugins (and having troubles with wifes)
                  What I said exactly is "We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures..."

Nothing has come to fruition yet. I will update you guys with information once it is available.

~Jon

Comment

HS4 Licenses are starting to be sent out and will be emailed throughout this week.

Comment

alexbk66 asked me a good question that I will share. "to switch between HS systems in HSMobile usually one needs additional subscription. How does it work for developers?"

We have not finalized MyHS for Devs yet. We are working on it right now though. Once we are done with the MyHS for Devs, you will be able to utilize the Switch Systems option.

~Jon

Comment

So far there are still 6 spots open for the free HS4 Zee S2! Keep in mind that we are doing an expanded BETA on February 4th. There will be many more eyes on HS4. If you are looking for feedback on your plugins, this will be a great opportunity. Let me know if you have any questions!

~Jon

Comment

Hi jseer, thanks for the license !

Maybe more spots for the S2 could have been filled if HST was monitoring this forum? Lots of questions and/or bugs haven't got a reply for weeks. Github also seems dead ? SDK documentation is completely absent, so it takes a lot more time for us to find out how things work.

I'm not in it for the Zee S2, it could end up more expensive on taxes than the selling price for people in the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                            Hi jseer, thanks for the license !
                            No problem. The PRO license will be coming soon as well.

Maybe more spots for the S2 could have been filled if HST was monitoring this forum? Lots of questions and/or bugs haven't got a reply for weeks. Github also seems dead ? SDK documentation is completely absent, so it takes a lot more time for us to find out how things work.
                            While I am not on the development team, I do work closely with them. I will bring your reasonable concerns to them. Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.

I'm not in it for the Zee S2, it could end up more expensive on taxes than the selling price for people in the EU.
                            We will definitely be sending the product the best way possible to mitigate any VAT. While I understand the Zee S2 is not necessarily the reason for developing but it's still a part in this sprint we are all in.

~Jon

Comment

Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.
                              ~Jon
                              The SDK shouldn't be "for developers". SDK should be also used for the product itself. Big mistake having separate SDK for external users. Duplicate work, unnecessary.

Comment

So far there are still 6 spots open for the free HS4 Zee S2!
                                ~Jon
                                Do you just offer Zee S2, or there's a catch?

Comment

Working...
                                X