This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jseer View Post
    Keep in mind that the same engineers developing HS4 are also supporting the SDK and developers. It's a difficult balance.
    I understand the HS devs are busy (so are we ...), and the indicated public beta release date probably also adds some extra pressure.
    Are we going to start the beta with:
    • 41 open issues on GitHub
    • Over 14 TODO's in the SDK code, and parts of code just commented out ?
    • No tests in the SDK (I'm going to keep on repeating this - this is a huge NO NO NO for me as professional SW developer)
    I know this thread is not the place to discuss this, but finally somebody from HST is looking again at this part of the forum. Don't forget we too are putting lots of time in this. We've been promised better/more advanced examples, documentation, ...

EDIT:
    Do not forget the SDK is available for everyone to see on GitHub. People looking into buying HomeSeer will not be impressed if they land on your GitHub page only to find out the SDK seems abandoned (>40 open issues (some open for months), no HST response for weeks). Not sure if that is the impression you want to give possible new customers.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
      I understand the HS devs are busy (so are we ...), and the indicated public beta release date probably also adds some extra pressure.
      Are we going to start the beta with:
      • 41 open issues on GitHub
      • Over 14 TODO's in the SDK code, and parts of code just commented out ?
      • No tests in the SDK (I'm going to keep on repeating this - this is a huge NO NO NO for me as professional SW developer)
      I know this thread is not the place to discuss this, but finally somebody from HST is looking again at this part of the forum. Don't forget we too are putting lots of time in this. We've been promised better/more advanced examples, documentation, ...

EDIT:
      Do not forget the SDK is available for everyone to see on GitHub. People looking into buying HomeSeer will not be impressed if they land on your GitHub page only to find out the SDK seems abandoned (>40 open issues (some open for months), no HST response for weeks). Not sure if that is the impression you want to give possible new customers.
      Sincerely appreciate the input. I am going to pass this along and do my best to get your concerns addressed. Thanks you!

~Jon

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Do you just offer Zee S2, or there's a catch?
        I am not sure I follow Alex. The only catch is that you submit a functional HS4 plugin into the portal.

~Jon

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

The SDK shouldn't be "for developers". SDK should be also used for the product itself. Big mistake having separate SDK for external users. Duplicate work, unnecessary.
          Must be miscommunication. There is only one SDK. Should be supporting SDK/developers.

~Jon

Comment

Sincerely appreciate the input. I am going to pass this along and do my best to get your concerns addressed. Thanks you!

~Jon
            Thanks!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

Someone will be taking a look at the issues this week.

~Jon

Comment

Someone will be taking a look at the issues this week.

~Jon
                You mean, someone will be closing them without ANY help you mean?
                My show stopper is just closed without providing help! Will offer my users a no conversion of events then
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

You mean, someone will be closing them without ANY help you mean?
                  My show stopper is just closed without providing help! Will offer my users a no conversion of events then
                  Wim, can you provide me the issue number you are referring to. I will investigate.

~Jon

Comment

If you have a show stopping issue, please PM me the issue number from github.

~Jon

Comment

I guess Wim is talking about this one: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/issues/69.

On a personal note, I really don't like these kind of comments:
                      The inline documentation is usually the most up to date and should be referenced when in doubt:
                      The documentation should be up-to-date. ALWAYS. The documentation is inline, so it can't be hard to generate the SDK docs from it. You cannot expect us to look at the SDK docs and then double check that the documentation still matches the implementation. This is not how it should be done ...

Comment

Uploaded my HS4 Neato plugin 3 days ago. It is now in approved status, but not yet published. Hopefully still part of the first 10
                        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          Uploaded my HS4 Neato plugin 3 days ago. It is now in approved status, but not yet published. Hopefully still part of the first 10
                          I think you are! We ran into a bug with the HS4 uploads that is being worked on this week. Reminder that HS4 BETA is in a week!

~Jon

Comment

Any update on the pricing structures ?

Comment

jseer I mailed 2 days ago to add my new plugin, because i was unable to do it via the portal (took me back to the login page upon submit). Can you please add it ? Hope this doesn't mean I'm just to late to the Zee S2 party ...

Comment

Normally when things are not perfect things get rejected. My last submitted had more than 500 char in description.

Comment

Working...
                                X