• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Any update on the pricing structures ?
    jseer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      Normally when things are not perfect things get rejected. My last submitted had more than 500 char in description.
      Not sure what u mean Michael? Wim is also having the same issue ..

Comment

I am just indicating that the updater is fragile and everything needs to be perfect otherwise it will not accept a submittal. Error messages from the updater may not be indicative of what the issue really is. I have run into various things trying to get things submitted and the process to success has been to look closer and closer at the examples and instructions. I have also communicated with HST for help in this area and they do get back to me. Maybe not in a day, but they do get back.

With the HS4 updater I first waited for the json definition so I could do it locally before I submitted. I have only submitted one for HS4, but I do not recall any issues I had other than not being able to clone the HS3 one. I just started from scratch and reentred information that was used for the HS3 one.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
          No update on the pricing structure. I will inform you guys of any changes when they are confirmed.

~Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jseer View Post
            Hello Devs,

You have spoken and we have listened. We are going to address a few of your concerns immediately while still internally discussing others until we finalize the terms of developing plugins and what that package includes. Below is a short list of some changes for HS4 plugin development.
            • At sign-up
              • 90-Day HS4 Trial license
            • After submission of first plugin
              • 90-Day HS4 Trial license becomes full HS4 PRO license
              • A second full HS4 STD license
              • MyHS for Devs which will allow for multiple systems and multiple users (additional MyHS features will have additional costs).
            We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures and commission rate changes.

Secondly, we will be providing some more incentive to move your plugins over to HS4. The first 10 authors to port over a fully functional plugin will receive a HomeTroller Zee S4 loaded with HS4. We will post names upon completion of the giveaway.

Thanks!

~Jon
            I did not receive the MyHS for Devs that was promised above, any reason why I did not get the upgrade to MyHS? My plug-in (ZipBackup) was published months ago.
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post

I did not receive the MyHS for Devs that was promised above, any reason why I did not get the upgrade to MyHS? My plug-in (ZipBackup) was published months ago.
              Hi Larry,

MyHS for Devs has not been rolled out yet. I am working on it though!

Comment

When will the HomeTroller Zee S4 be shipped to the first 10 plugin developers? If I am not mistaken, I was also on the list :-)
                What about duty costs for European devs ?

Comment

When will the HomeTroller Zee S4 be shipped to the first 10 plugin developers? If I am not mistaken, I was also on the list :-)
                  What about duty costs for European devs ?
                  Hi Kriz,

Yes, you are on the list! We are finalizing the updated "HS4 Zee" this week and will be sending them out soon! I will be in contact with you and everyone on the list.

Comment

Great, can't wait!

Curious on the duty cost as well.
                    stefxx

Comment

Hi Kriz,

Yes, you are on the list! We are finalizing the updated "HS4 Zee" this week and will be sending them out soon! I will be in contact with you and everyone on the list.
                      Thanks. Is there something possible for the people living in Europe? I believe the Zee only supports US frequencies?

Comment

Thanks. Is there something possible for the people living in Europe? I believe the Zee only supports US frequencies?
                        Pretty sure HST sells to all markets - it's just they use the Zwave.ME stick in international units. Albeit they don't full support Z-wave.me so an odd choice - I had chosen that stick personally thinking it was the best given HST themselves use it, but because of all the problems and HST declaring yeah nah sorry too bad I literally threw it in the bin and bought a BlackCat unit which is 100% supported.

Comment

Hi Kriz,

Did I miss the mail ? Any idea how to tackle duty costs ?

Comment

jseer ?

Comment

What I said exactly is "We are internally discussing positive changes to potential pricing structures..."

Nothing has come to fruition yet. I will update you guys with information once it is available.

~Jon
                              Any update on this jseer ? We're almost 2 years further, I guess the discussions should have already been finished (or were they never started ?). Don't leave us in the dark on this one.

Comment

Any update on this jseer ? We're almost 2 years further, I guess the discussions should have already been finished (or were they never started ?). Don't leave us in the dark on this one.
                                At this time there is no change to the pricing structure. To be clear though, it is not a closed case either. We are working on some new product offerings that we want to make sure is accounted for in the potential changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X