private const int HomeSeerPort = 10400;

IHSApplication GetHS3()
    {
      if (_hs3 == null)
      {
        try
        {
          _client3 = ScsServiceClientBuilder.CreateClient<IHSApplication>(
                                                      new ScsTcpEndPoint(IpAddress, HomeSeerPort), this);
          _client3.Connect();
          _hs3 = _client3.ServiceProxy;
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
          Console.WriteLine($"GetHS3: {ex}");
        }
      }

return _hs3;
    }

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    So I started converting one of my HS3 plugins to HS4... what a pain in the ***!
    I really hope I can use the generated web pages as is somehow because I do not feel like rewriting all of the web pages in the plugin

Anyone know if you can use the HS3 API in the HS4 plugin to still use the older web page calls (which are in the HS3 API). I am talking about these

GenPage
    BuildPage
    PagePut

as well as these

callback.RegisterLink
    callback.RegisterConfigLink

There is no way I am going to rewrite all web pages in the plugin

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    A bit here https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...+API+Reference

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    There are some hints at https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Using+the+SDK but not really a guide. I published quite a bit in the Alpha forum (which is now this forum) for techniques I found to make it easier. There are also other pioneers that contributed much to this forum.

I do agree with you that at this time there is little motivation and much work, especially in the UI area.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Did something ever get posted on HS3–>HS4 plugin conversion?

I would like to see what it would take to do it and if it is worth it because I really do not see a benefit especially since there will be an upgrade fee

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Yes, JL is working on that doc. He may be reaching out to you also as I sent him the HSCF changes you made and he may have some questions as he was looking at it also (for other reasons).
    Any update?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Sounds good. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Yes, JL is working on that doc. He may be reaching out to you also as I sent him the HSCF changes you made and he may have some questions as he was looking at it also (for other reasons).

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    I apologize if its obvious and I missed it, but I was expecting the documentation to have a section on porting from HS3 to HS4. It appears the focus is just on new plugin development, for those with existing plugins to port, is there any overview of the steps required?

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    started a topic Porting HS3->HS4

Porting HS3->HS4

I apologize if its obvious and I missed it, but I was expecting the documentation to have a section on porting from HS3 to HS4. It appears the focus is just on new plugin development, for those with existing plugins to port, is there any overview of the steps required?
Working...
X