Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Sample VB Plugin

Hi,

It might be just me, But i cant get the VB sample to compile, Below are the errors I get:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error2.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1326186Click image for larger version

Name:	Error1.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1326187Click image for larger version

Name:	Error3.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1326188

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks.
    Mat

It's impossible to see the images, couple of suggestions:
    1. Copy/paste the error as text
    2. When insert images - always insert "Full Size" and then you can resize the image. But you will be able to click on the image and see it in full size.

Comment

Hi Alexbk66,

Thanks for your note, They are full size, I think the problem is the Snipping tool, It doesn't like my setup... anyhow... Below are text copys.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
      Error BC30516 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'New' accepts this number of arguments. HomeSeerSamplePlugin-VB C:\Users\Mat\Desktop\Programming Projects\Sample-Plugin-VB-master - HS4\Sample-Plugin-VB-master\WriteLogSampleActionType.vb 69 Active

Error BC30516 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'New' accepts this number of arguments. HomeSeerSamplePlugin-VB C:\Users\Mat\Desktop\Programming Projects\Sample-Plugin-VB-master - HS4\Sample-Plugin-VB-master\SampleTriggerType.vb 85 Active

Error BC30516 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'New' accepts this number of arguments. HomeSeerSamplePlugin-VB C:\Users\Mat\Desktop\Programming Projects\Sample-Plugin-VB-master - HS4\Sample-Plugin-VB-master\SampleTriggerType.vb 78 Active

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Hi All,

Has anyone else had this happen???? I kinda want to resolve it so i can start porting....

I can comment these lines out to get it to compile, But i don't think that's the best idea moving forward....

Thanks
        Mat

Comment

Matt,

Same here. It seems to many parameters are used in the “New” statement. Remove the last two parameters and you can compile. But when used as plugin in HS4, it will still not work - the sample sticks at initializing plugin. I do not think the VB version is actively tested so far.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I will get this checked on Mon, probably needs an updated due to SDK changes. Does the C# version build ok?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for the Response w.vuyk... I removed the extra parameters trying that aswell, But no bingo... Also tried commenting out the lines, But no bingo either....

And No idea on the C#.... I presume it must as other people seem to be coding there plugins... But I use and prefer VB.

I might use the code converter and convert those routines and see if they are different.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Rich,

The C# version compiles here and runs fine. The VB version needs updating (check my answer earlier), but once it compiles the plugin will not start (is initialising forever)

As far I can tell the initialize routine does the same in VB as in C#, so there must be another dependency in HSPI that is fulfilled in the sample C# and not in the sample VB?
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Rich,

I do have to revoke that, both sample plugins C# and VB are throwing errors once I updated to latest versions of pluginSDK and HS4. And once you 'solve' these errors, both do never get initialized anymore:

Lines throwing error in SampleTriggerType (at least 3 times)

Code:
                   Public Sub New(ByVal id As Integer, ByVal eventRef As Integer, ByVal selectedSubTriggerIndex As Integer, ByVal dataIn As Byte(), ByVal inListener As TriggerTypeCollection.ITriggerTypeListener, Optional ByVal debugLog As Boolean = False)
                          MyBase.New(id, eventRef, selectedSubTriggerIndex, dataIn, inListener, debugLog)
                      End Sub
                  Commenting this code and its callers does end up and trail and see route to get in compiled. Every trigger and action refernce will throw errors at you. Once at the point those errors are solved, debugging lets you run the code and you can get to the sample pages.
                  But when compiled and place in the HS4 directory, the plugin is showing initialised in the log, but plugin page shows initialising still and plugin pages are not shown in the menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-15 14_59_01-Plugin Management.png
Views:	145
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1326668

Wim

-- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the reply's and testing, I'm so glad it was not just me....

Looking forward to it being resolved so i can get on with some coding....

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I will get this checked on Mon, probably needs an updated due to SDK changes. Does the C# version build ok?
                      Rich,

Any progress? I have tried with a second plugin and it is also always initialising when compiled, with debug running through visual studio it works just fine? What I also notice is that both HS4 plugins are shown as HS3 plugins?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-09-17 19_56_06-Plugin Management.png Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	1327122

And also both plugins are reporting they have initialised well, but in 15+ seconds, wich is very slow and not happening when statred throug visual studio. In compiled status, logs are not shown, while in Visual Studio loglines are written to the log....

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-09-17 19_57_47-Log.png Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	1327121

Any chance to get this solved?

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

The problem with the VB sample is that it was missing the .exe.config file. The sample on Github has been updated. If you add that file the plugin should load ok. For your own plugin, make sure you have a plugin.exe.config file, see the sample plugin for the format. The key is the bin path, it has to point to bin/homeseer.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Rich,

Any progress? I have tried with a second plugin and it is also always initialising when compiled, with debug running through visual studio it works just fine? What I also notice is that both HS4 plugins are shown as HS3 plugins?

Click image for larger version Name:	2019-09-17 19_56_06-Plugin Management.png Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	1327122

And also both plugins are reporting they have initialised well, but in 15+ seconds, wich is very slow and not happening when statred throug visual studio. In compiled status, logs are not shown, while in Visual Studio loglines are written to the log....

Click image for larger version Name:	2019-09-17 19_57_47-Log.png Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	1327121

Any chance to get this solved?

Wim
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

Thanks for the hint here. Ofcourse I did not check that part
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X