• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Feature List

4.0 - User and Developer Experience - Q4 2019
    • New and improved responsive mobile friendly User Interface
    • Updated plugin JSON UI
    • Better User Account Control (permissions)
    • Cloud Backup/Restore
    • Cloud Camera Recording
    • Categories
    • Devices grouping reorganization
    • Camera streaming from Web UI
    • Native support for Tuya, Philips HUE, Harmony Hub, MyQ, Ecobee, Chromecast, SmartThings
    4.1 - Full Mobile Control - Q1 2020
    • HomeSeer Mobile v1.2
      • Full Mobile System Configuration
        • Devices
        • Events
        • System Settings
        • Cameras
      • Integrate Z-Tool+
      • Mobile Plugin Store (tentative)
    • Zigbee Plugin
    4.2 - Monitoring and Notifications - Q2 2020
    • HomeSeer Mobile v1.3
      • Push Notifications
      • Shared Dashboards
    • Timelines
      • Graphing
      • Device
      • System
      • Event
    We have a 4.3, 4.4 but it is not finalized. Initially these updates will included bug fixes, system and API enhancements, and AI with a hopeful release of Q3 and Q4 2020, respectively. These updates will also include enhancements, bug fixes, and minor features not listed.
    Jon Smith
    website | products | support | youtube

Hello,

Thank you for this feature list and roadmap.
    Will there be somerhing in the new SDK that will allow us to interact with camera devices (creation, stram association, ...) ?
    You seem to be very focused on the new UI/Mobile application.
    Taking into account HsTouch designer recent price increase, the fact that the software is not advertised anymore on the website (or very difficult to find), I’m under the impression that you are preparing the ditching of HSTouch support (which would be from my point of view a hudge mistake ...). Am I wrong ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shodan View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for this feature list and roadmap.
      Will there be somerhing in the new SDK that will allow us to interact with camera devices (creation, stram association, ...) ?
      You seem to be very focused on the new UI/Mobile application.
      Taking into account HsTouch designer recent price increase, the fact that the software is not advertised anymore on the website (or very difficult to find), I’m under the impression that you are preparing the ditching of HSTouch support (which would be from my point of view a hudge mistake ...). Am I wrong ?

We do not plan to ditch HSTouch Designer. We understand that is a very unique important part of HomeSeer. I do not have an answer regarding your camera question but I will get one. We do have plans for additional actions and triggers.

~Jon
      Jon Smith

Comment

Hello,

What is it you are looking to do with access to the camera devices? Currently there is already ability to interact with the cameras added to a HS system.
        Jon Smith

Comment

I’m looking for classes/method to make it possible to create/manage camera devices from within a plugin.
          If it already exists then it’s fine, but I have not been able to find any documentation in HS3 plugin SDK, nor HS3 scripting documentation. Maybe you can help me to find where it is described ?

Comment

Cameras currently don't use devices. There is a full JSON API that allows you to get camera info like names and snapshots. This is not the best API for a plugin though. We don't have a problem adding an API so you can get this information. With this API you could build devices for the cameras. I'm not sure what devices will do for you though?

I’m looking for classes/method to make it possible to create/manage camera devices from within a plugin.
            If it already exists then it’s fine, but I have not been able to find any documentation in HS3 plugin SDK, nor HS3 scripting documentation. Maybe you can help me to find where it is described ?

website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

Here is my use case : I’m working on a plugin for a connected dashcam. The idea is to automatically create a « homeseer camera » for the dashcam video stream.
              I know it can be done manually, bit I’d like that the plugin to do it automatically for the user. With the current HS3 SDK, It seems I do not have a solution for that.

Comment

The entire camera config is stored in the HSPI_HSTouch.ini file. To add a camera you could simply add it to that file. In your case you would be adding a manual camera.

Thank you for your answer.

Here is my use case : I’m working on a plugin for a connected dashcam. The idea is to automatically create a « homeseer camera » for the dashcam video stream.
                I know it can be done manually, bit I’d like that the plugin to do it automatically for the user. With the current HS3 SDK, It seems I do not have a solution for that.

website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Thank you for your guidance !
                  Do not hesitate to move this part of the discussion somewhere else, since the discussion has derived from the initial intent of the post.

Comment

https://homeseer.com/hs4

We are planning on giving out HS4 licenses to new HS3 purchasers.
                    Jon Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X