Custom device type with custom layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom device type with custom layout?

I really love the potential of design options in the new mdbootstrap, but it's not fully clear to me yet if I can design my own device layout or not?

What I would like to have is the possibility to set a custom layout of device types created by the plugin.
    Meaning if I create a weather device I would be able to create a layout of my status only parameters that would make visually sence.

The same goes for the mobile app and also HS Touch.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    I really love the potential of design options in the new mdbootstrap, but it's not fully clear to me yet if I can design my own device layout or not?

What I would like to have is the possibility to set a custom layout of device types created by the plugin.
    Meaning if I create a weather device I would be able to create a layout of my status only parameters that would make visually sence.

The same goes for the mobile app and also HS Touch.
    Originally, it sounded like this was not going to be possible with only a hardcoded design for thermostats. It sounds like that might be changing based on what I"m hearing, but I'll be interested to see what the response to you from HST is on this subject.
    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

We talking about this, our concern is with an author creating a view that may look out of place with the rest of the UI and maybe does not display properly on all devices.
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I do see the issue. Maybe some clear guidelines and an approval process could secure this? Hopefully this will not be too time consuming to do.

It's already a bit cluttered with all the different ways of making devices types and setting device preferences in hs3.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          We talking about this, our concern is with an author creating a view that may look out of place with the rest of the UI and maybe does not display properly on all devices.
          Then make it clear to users that it might be the case or have a plugin approval system of some kind? Offer some kind of emulator for devs to test on multiple devices? There are plenty of solutions to this problem that still allow a developer to customize the "tile" (which to your credit you seem to be doing)
          MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Working...
          X