Was GetAppPath function dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was GetAppPath function dropped?

If not, what is the method name name, if yes, can you add?
    Thanks,
    Dirk

I was also searching for this function. It might have been missed. So +1
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I to require GetAppPath but can not find it? rjh
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

This function is not really needed as .NET provides it for you, all it is:

System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(System.AppDomain.CurrentDoma in.BaseDirectory)

We are trying to trim down the API by removing things that .NET already provides.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

rjh
          How do you guarantee HS3 plugins will run on HS4 when functions are removed from the API?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

We are trying to trim down the API by removing things that .NET already provides.
            rjh This returns the path of the plugin .exe and the problem I have is if it is running remotely it returns the local path but GetAppPath returned the HS3.exe path on the device HS is running on.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

The entire HS3 API is there, we just created a new API over the old one that "hides" the old functions. In theory you can get all the old functions if you really wanted to. If a function is missing that you need, let us know and we will add it.

So HS3 plugins get the exact same API they got before.

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              rjh
              How do you guarantee HS3 plugins will run on HS4 when functions are removed from the API?

Comment

Just for my information, why do you need the path of HS if the plugin is running remotely?

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

rjh This returns the path of the plugin .exe and the problem I have is if it is running remotely it returns the local path but GetAppPath returned the HS3.exe path on the device HS is running on.

Comment

Just for my information, why do you need the path of HS if the plugin is running remotely?

I use it to place files in the HTML/Plugin Name directory so it can be downloaded by the user from the config page of the plugin. I also use this so the log file is placed on the HS system and not the remote one.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

This works for me

Comment

Ok, we are adding it back, it will be in the next update.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

I use it to place files in the HTML/Plugin Name directory so it can be downloaded by the user from the config page of the plugin. I also use this so the log file is placed on the HS system and not the remote one.

Greig.

Comment

Ok, we are adding it back, it will be in the next update.

Great. Thank you for your time on this.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

I'm using the following, is it the same?
                          Code:
                          Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location)

Comment

Working...
                          X