Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status information doesn't show on Feature UNLESS the feature has some controls on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status information doesn't show on Feature UNLESS the feature has some controls on it

This feels a lot like something I struggled with in HS3. I have a bunch of features that just represent textual information, like current track, album etc. I use the below code to set the status string.

Code:
                Dim df As Devices.HsFeature = myHomeSeerSystem.GetFeatureByRef(FeatureRef)
                Dim status As Dictionary(Of HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.EProperty, Object) = New Dictionary(Of HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.EProperty, Object)()
                status.Add(HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.EProperty.Status, NewValue)
                myHomeSeerSystem.UpdateFeatureByRef(FeatureRef, status)
    I get no errors but the status isn't showing for some features.

If you look at the picture below you see values appearing on the left ONLY for the features that have controls on the right

Click image for larger version  Name:	device3.png Views:	0 Size:	396.0 KB ID:	1328620

I have been playing with the miscflags but so far no joy. Code looks like this (for example for the track feature)

Code:
                        ff = FeatureFactory.CreateFeature(IFACE_NAME)
                        ff.WithName("Track")
                        ff.AsType(HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.Identification.EFeatureType.Media, HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices.Identification.EMediaFeatureSubType.MediaTrack)
                        ff.WithMiscFlags({EMiscFlag.StatusOnly, EMiscFlag.DeviceNoStatus, EMiscFlag.NoGraphicsDisplay})
                        Dim fd As NewFeatureData = ff.PrepareForHsDevice(HSDeviceRef)
                        CreateHSFeature = myHomeSeerSystem.CreateFeatureForDevice(fd)
    Any Ideas?

Dirk,

Trying your code does not work for me either, getting the same error as in your other post in this:

Code:
    (DeviceCreation.CreateNewDevice) Error Invalid type for property
    Service Version: NO_VERSION
    08:49:34.2746530 -- (DeviceCreation.CreateNewDevice) HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.Messages.ScsRemoteException(0x80131500): Invalid type for property
    Service Version: NO_VERSION

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       bij HomeSeer.PluginSdk.IHsController.UpdateFeatureByRef(Int32 featRef, Dictionary`2 changes)
       bij HSPI_JowiHue4.DeviceFeatures.CreateBridgeFeatures(Int32 DeviceRef, MyBridgesTableRow Bridgerow)
    Can this be caused that you are on the newer alpha now? It all should have been basic tested isn't it?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I need to fix the UI to handle the status/graphics overrides, then you will see the correct status.
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Working...
      X