Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a visual tool to build the HTML pages with liquid tags and bootstrap code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We use material design elements from mdbootstrap.com. You will see many other UI elements there that you can certainly use.

We are looking at putting together some guidelines and testing procedure for plugins so they don't stray too far in regards to the UI.
    So, is the information available and where? I assume so - after 15 months?

Comment

I bit the bullet and bought PineGrow. Like Rich said, it's great for laying out pages, but once the tags are added, it looks bad.

Anyone else using PineGrow for their HS4 plugins?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        I bit the bullet and bought PineGrow. Like Rich said, it's great for laying out pages, but once the tags are added, it looks bad.

Anyone else using PineGrow for their HS4 plugins?
        I bought Pinegrow as well, but never had any proper use out of it because all my pages have tags which makes this tool totally useless .... or ... I don't know how to work around it besides Rich's suggestion to remove the tags while you initially design the page and add tags last. Having that said, not sure how you do that if you use the tags to retrieve arrays and populate tables etc.

So in summary, it sits somewhere on my dev computer and I opened it about 5 times and was done after 10 min. If someone had better experience and/or have advice how to best use, I'd be all ears.

Comment

I now (manually) design pages, extensively drawing on bootstraps capabilities, not perfect but after a year, you get better at anything

Comment

dcorsus when you open PineGrow, dont open just a file, open the entire html folder in HS and it will automatically load all the bootstrap files for WYSIWYG. You can then hit Ctrl-E to edit and make changes and see the changes realtime.

Since adding the tags borks the page, I have removed all the tags until I get the layout exactly like I want. I just use placeholders and go back and replace them with the tags using UltraEdit.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer, need to give that a try. My html files are not with all the HS html files, does that mean for testing/dev I should move my html files to the \html folder?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Thanks for the pointer, need to give that a try. My html files are not with all the HS html files, does that mean for testing/dev I should move my html files to the \html folder?
                Thats the way I'm doing it - putting them in the html folder for now. If you keep them in another folder, the bootstrap stuff gets all confused.

Comment

Working...
                X