X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button ID's are created like:

Code:
            For i = 0 To gMaxRecords - 1

If tmpRecords(i).Category = "Holiday" Or tmpRecords(i).Category = "US-Holiday" Then

' Show Only EVENTS no Holidays.

Else

stb.AppendHTML(HTML_StartRow)

'------Edit Button
                    stb.AppendHTML(HTML_StartForm("frmEditEvent", "EditEvent", "Post"))
                    stb.AppendHTML(HTML_StartCell(strClass, 10, HTML_Align.CENTER))
                    stb.AppendHTML(AddButton("btnEditEvent" & i.ToString, "waves-effect waves-dark btn btn-sm btn-secondary", "Edit"))
                    '------Delete Button
                    stb.AppendHTML(AddButton("btnDeleteEvent" & i.ToString, "waves-effect waves-dark btn btn-sm btn-secondary", "Delete"))
                    stb.AppendHTML(HTML_EndCell)
                    stb.AppendHTML(HTML_EndForm)
    and postbackproc looks like this:

Code:
                Case "CalEvents.html"
                    name = parts("id")
                    value = parts(name)

Try
                        '===========================================
                        '-------------------------------------------
                        '        BUTTON ADD NEW EVENT
                        If name = "btnAddEvent" Then
                            value = parts(name)

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnAddEvent BUTTON PRESSED.")

xmlAddRecord = Nothing
                            response = "PAGE_NEWPAGE,AddEvent.html"

End If

For i = 0 To gMaxRecords
                            '--------------------------------------
                            '        BUTTON EDIT EVENT
                            If name = "btnEditEvent" & i Then
                                value = parts(name)

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnEditEvent" & i.ToString & "  BUTTON PRESSED.")

gRecordSelected = i
                                BuildEditEventPage()
                                response = "PAGE_NEWPAGE,EditEvent.html"

End If
                            '---------------------------------------
                            '         BUTTON DELETE EVENT
                            If name = "btnDeleteEvent" & i Then
                                value = parts(name)

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnDeleteEvent" & i.ToString & "  BUTTON PRESSED.")

gRecordSelected = i
                                DeleteEventByName(EVENTFILE, xmlRecords(gRecordSelected).EventName)
                                SaveAllXMLRecords(EVENTFILE)
                                response = "PAGE_REFRESH,TRUE"
                            End If
                        Next
    The output from OutputHSLog shows the button that was pressed, but nothing happens.

also I created my own AddButton code:
    Code:
        Public Function AddButton(ByVal strID As String, ByVal strClass As String, ByVal strBtnText As String) As String
            Dim RetString = ""

RetString &= "<div id='" & strID & "_div'>" & Environment.NewLine

RetString &= "<button type='button' "

If strClass IsNot Nothing AndAlso Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(strClass) Then
                RetString &= "class='" & strClass & "' "
            End If

If strID IsNot Nothing AndAlso Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(strID.Trim) Then
                RetString &= "id='" & strID & "' "
            End If

RetString &= "onclick='" & strID & "()'"

'RetString &= "action='button_press'"

If strBtnText IsNot Nothing AndAlso Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(strBtnText.Trim) Then
                RetString &= "> " & strBtnText
            End If

RetString &= "</button>" & Environment.NewLine

RetString &= "</div>"

Return RetString

End Function
    The Delete Button works fine though.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      So in your postback, you can either update a div, or refresh the page with a response like:

["PAGE_REFRESH","TRUE"]

The div update and page refresh work the same as they did in HS3.
      I can't find any documentation on the return values of postback (like this PAGE_REFRESH stuff you reference), or about how you can update a div in HS4.

I've got a guided setup process and need some of the info from a previous step before I can populate a list to choose from in a subsequent step; how do I dynamically change the contents? I can't just put the PluginFunction tag in there because it fires on load...

Comment

If your postback is in a pagebuilder class you can use these calls to things like update divs, etc.:

https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...#.pagecommands
        https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...m#.divtoupdate

Note that HS4 only supports:

divtoupdate
        newpage
        refresh
        popmessage

I can add more if needed. The commands are in the ajaxpost function in page_common.js file in the html/bootstrap/js folder.

I will need to investigate the guided process but you should be able to get a postback on each step and then just update the divs that need new content.

Originally posted by shill View Post

I can't find any documentation on the return values of postback (like this PAGE_REFRESH stuff you reference), or about how you can update a div in HS4.

I've got a guided setup process and need some of the info from a previous step before I can populate a list to choose from in a subsequent step; how do I dynamically change the contents? I can't just put the PluginFunction tag in there because it fires on load...
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Would be much easier if I could just load a new page.html, I do a lot of processing and reading of XML file to build the list page shown above. When I click for example the edit button it should pass the the record number to edit using 'btnEditEvent56' which is the 56th record in file. With that info passed to PostBackProc I should be able to build an EditEvent.html page with textbox inputs for the record being edited, then save and return to EventList.html page.

So is the
          response = "PAGE_NEWPAGE,EditEvent.html
          in-correct syntax then?

Just for the record I'm not using pagebuilder anything, I just created my own code to imitate HS3 stuff, but attempting to use only HS4 code.
          -Larry

Plugins:
          VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
          Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Nothing works, if we are to make HS4 native pages, we need more help, examples, and documentation. All the logic in my plugin's convert pretty straight forward, web pages suck!!
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

I put a great deal of time into the old clsPageBuilder stuff when HS3 came out. Several other plugin authors used their own HTML and now I understand why.

On Friday, I spent 10h designing a simple page with the Jui controls and I'm still not done. I just dont know if it's worth having mobile support in my plugins for this large learning curve.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

GIve me an outline of what your page looks like and I will see if I can put together a framework as an example. To me, doing HTML pages is WAY better than the old way. I can put together a working page in a fraction of the time I could before. Maybe a video will help that shows the steps? The JUI controls are only for a basic settings page, which is really simple. I would guess you are trying to do a feature page using HTML?

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                I put a great deal of time into the old clsPageBuilder stuff when HS3 came out. Several other plugin authors used their own HTML and now I understand why.

On Friday, I spent 10h designing a simple page with the Jui controls and I'm still not done. I just dont know if it's worth having mobile support in my plugins for this large learning curve.

Comment

I like to do as much as I can in the code and not in the javascript. You can use the handling in our ajax post handler by returning some JSON like this:

return "[""PAGE_NEWPAGE"",""EditEvent.html]"""

This tells the ajax handler to redirect to the given page.

Since you are not using any pagebuilder code, you can also just do it in your HTML with the button press:

Code:
                  <button onclick="location.href = 'www.yoursite.com';" id="myButton" >Button Label</button>

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                  Would be much easier if I could just load a new page.html, I do a lot of processing and reading of XML file to build the list page shown above. When I click for example the edit button it should pass the the record number to edit using 'btnEditEvent56' which is the 56th record in file. With that info passed to PostBackProc I should be able to build an EditEvent.html page with textbox inputs for the record being edited, then save and return to EventList.html page.

So is the
                  in-correct syntax then?

Just for the record I'm not using pagebuilder anything, I just created my own code to imitate HS3 stuff, but attempting to use only HS4 code.

Comment

GIve me an outline of what your page looks like and I will see if I can put together a framework as an example. To me, doing HTML pages is WAY better than the old way. I can put together a working page in a fraction of the time I could before. Maybe a video will help that shows the steps? The JUI controls are only for a basic settings page, which is really simple. I would guess you are trying to do a feature page using HTML?
                    Yes - I am building a FeaturePage. I put everything in HTML at first, then moved it all to plugin code which was likely a mistake. I may go back to a pure HTML page.

The idea is that if you have a plugin that requests some user settings, it needs to be interactive for the user.
                    For example, if you ask the user for an IP address, you should include a 'test' button to make sure the IP is good, etc. This is not possible in a SettingsPage.

I'll take another stab at a FeaturePage in pure HTML and see how far I get.

We do need many more examples though...

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Still NO JOY, the web page makes successful callbacks to the PostBackProc, but any thing performed in PostBackProc does not return to web page, weather i use:

response = "[""PAGE_REFRESH"",""TRUE]""" or Return "[""PAGE_NEWPAGE"",""Calendar/EditEvent.html]"""

Here is my PostBackProc

Code:
                                  Case "EventList.html"
                                      name = parts("id")

Try
                                          '        BUTTON ADD NEW EVENT
                                          If name = "btnAddEvent" Then

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnAddEvent BUTTON PRESSED.")

gPageName = "AddEvent Page"
                                              xmlAddRecord = Nothing
                                              BuildAddEvent()     ' Build the Add Page
                                              response = "[""PAGE_REFRESH"",""TRUE]"""

End If

For i = 0 To gMaxRecords
                                              '        BUTTON EDIT EVENT
                                              If name = "btnEditEvent" & i.ToString Then

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnEditEvent" & i.ToString & "  BUTTON PRESSED.")

gPageName = "EditEvent Page"
                                                  gRecordSelected = i
                                                  BuildEditEvent()    ' Build the Edit Page
                                                  Return "[""PAGE_NEWPAGE"",""Calendar/EditEvent.html]"""

End If
                                              '         BUTTON DELETE EVENT
                                              If name = "btnDeleteEvent" & i.ToString Then

OutputHSLog(LOG_DEBUG, "HSPI.PostBackProc-btnDeleteEvent" & i.ToString & "  BUTTON PRESSED.")

gPageName = "EventList Page"
                                                  gRecordSelected = i
                                                  DeleteEventByName(EVENTFILE, xmlRecords(gRecordSelected).EventName)
                                                  SaveAllXMLRecords(EVENTFILE)
                                              End If
                                          Next

Catch ex As Exception
                                          OutputHSLog(LOG_ERROR, "Exception In HSPI.PostBackProc() - Buttons: " & ex.Message)
                                      End Try
                      btnDeleteEvent is the only one that works.
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Not sure if this is relevant or not (and it doesn't explain why the delete button would work), but I don't think your quotes are correct in your "response" variable:

Code:
                        would resolve to:

["PAGE_REFRESH","TRUE]"

so you need to move 2 of the final 3 double quotes inside the brackets:

Code:
                        response = "[""PAGE_REFRESH"",""TRUE""]"

Comment

I have been struggling with the lowest effort and risk approach to migrate mcsMQTT to HS4.
                          This plugin is very UI intensive with extensive use of clsPageBuilder with some hyperlinks and javascript.
                          Initially I was just going to continue to use jQuery but never could get it to look or play well with the HS4 headers.
                          What I ended up doing is making equivalent jQuery functions using the HTML extracted from some of the sample plugins.
                          An example is a checkbox
                          Code:
                              Private Function JuiCheckbox(ByVal name As String, ByVal label As String, ByVal bChecked As Boolean, ByVal hint As String) As String
                                  Dim s As String
                                  Dim sChecked As String = ""
                                  If bChecked Then
                                      sChecked = " checked"
                                  End If
                                  With New StringBuilder
                                      ' <!--ToggleView-Checkbox-->                    
                                      .Append("<div Class=""jui-view jui-toggle""><Label Class=""jui-toggle-text"" for=""")
                                      .Append(name)
                                      .Append(""">")
                                      .Append(label)
                                      .Append("</label><span Class=""jui-toggle-control""  title=""")
                                      .Append(hint)
                                      .Append("""><span Class=""form-check form-check-inline jui-toggle-checkbox"">")
                                      .Append("<input Type =""checkbox"" class=""form-check-input jui-input"" name=""")
                                      .Append(name)
                                      .Append(""" id=""")
                                      .Append(name)
                                      .Append(""" onClick=""PostBackFunction(this,'mcsMQTT/MQTT.html');""")
                                      .Append(sChecked)
                                      .Append("><Label Class=""form-check-label jui-toggle-checkbox-label"" For=""")
                                      .Append(name)
                                      .Append("""></label><span title=""")
                                      .Append(hint)
                                      .Append("""></span></span></div>")
                                      s = .ToString
                                  End With
                                  Return s
                              End Function
                          I then used the new function to replace the jQuery with something like the following where the original jQuery is commented out
                          Code:
                                      'Dim c As New jqCheckBox(MyPageId & LOCKCHARTAXIS, "Sync to Left", MQTT_PAGE, True, False)
                                      'c.checked = gLockChartAxis
                                      'c.toolTip = "Check to force right Y axis to be scaled same as left scaled axis."
                                      '.Append(c.Build())
                                      .Append(JuiCheckbox(MyPageId & LOCKCHARTAXIS, "Sync to Left", gLockChartAxis, "Check to force right Y axis to be scaled same as left scaled axis."))
                          The above could have been extended further to create a local jqCheckBox class and avoid editing the existing clsPageBuilder code. It would look something like the following. In retrospect it would have been easier and should not be that much of a performance penalty.

Code:
                          Class jqCheckBox
                              Dim _checked as string = ""
                              Dim _toolTip as string = ""
                              Dim _label as string = ""
                              Dim _id as string = ""

Public Sub New(ByVal id as string, ByVal label as string, ByVal htmlPage as string, ByVal dontCare1 as boolean, ByVal dontCare2 as boolean)
                                  _label = label
                                  _id = id
                              End Sub

Public WriteOnly Property checked As String
                                  Set(ByVal c)
                                      _checked = c
                                  End Set
                              End Property

Public WriteOnly Property tooltip As String
                                  Set(ByVal t)
                                      _tooltip = t
                                  End Set
                              End Property

Public Function Build() as String
                                  Get
                                      Return JuiCheckbox(id,label,_checked="checked",tooltip)
                                  End Get
                              End Function

End Class
                          I used upper vs lower case in table headers where upper is for the sort column. The HS4 css for buttons forces upper case.
                          To supersede this I had to add another css style. I put it in another css file (mcs.css) so others could be added if the need arises

Code:
                          .text-samecase {text-transform: none;}
                          It gets used in my button creation function where it is at the end of the css classes so that it has priority
                          Code:
                              Private Function JuiButton(ByVal name As String, ByVal label As String, ByVal hint As String) As String
                                  Dim s As String
                                  With New StringBuilder
                                      .Append("<span title = """)
                                      .Append(hint)
                                      .Append(""">")
                                      .Append("<button class=""btn btn-primary btn-block jui-view jui-button text-samecase"" type=""button"" onClick=""PostBackFunction(this,'mcsMQTT/MQTT.html');"" name=""")
                                      .Append(name)
                                      .Append(""">")
                                      .Append(label)
                                      .Append("</button></span>")
                                      s = .ToString
                                  End With
                                  Return s
                              End Function
                          I also use some css classes for table background colorization for my HS3 plugin that I want to also use in HS4. These are in the hs.css file in HS4 so I just included it in my html file with <link href="/css/hs.css" rel="stylesheet">.

The second part of the struggle is with the Ajax and event part of the transition. While I have worked with basic javascript events I had never done anything directly with Ajax.
                          The HS3 postback function is using "HttpUtility.ParseQueryString(data)" so I wanted the data returned from the HS4 pages to conform to this expectation. I created a javascript function PostBackFunction as shown below. Its use was illustrated in the JuiCheckbox code shown above as the recipient of the onClick event.
                          This function receives the object (e.g. checkbox, textbox, etc.) and the html page name. The page name was added as a parameter so this same function could be used across multiple pages.
                          It extracts the name and either the checked or value property of the object and passes it to the HS Ajax handler as a name-value-pair

Code:
                                  function PostBackFunction(e,p) {
                                  //alert("pb " + e.name + e.value + e.type + e.checked);
                                      var jsonData;
                                      if (e.type=="checkbox"){jsonData = e.name + "=" + e.checked;}
                                      else {jsonData = e.name + "=" + e.value;}
                                      AjaxPost(jsonData,p);
                              }
                          The HS Ajax handler in bootstrap\js\page_common.js makes a call to "after_postback()" at completion of the postback so this function also needed to be provided on the javascript on the page.

Code:
                              function after_postback() {
                              }
                          The plugin method postBackProc will receive the name-value-pair from the user input and then it will return updates (or commands) to the HS Ajax handler after acting upon the user input.
                          The HS Ajax handler is expecting a data format of ["n1","v1","n2","v2"]. For HTML updates that was done previously in HS3 with clsPageBuilder divtoUpdate calls the plugin now needs to accumulate these and return them in the format expected by HS Ajax handler.
                          I did a global replace of "me.divtoUpdate" with "AjaxUpdate" and created the new function to accumulate the updates requests the plugin needed to make in the postback function.
                          At the end of the postback function I then formatted the request per HS Ajax handler expectations and return the response. Note that the quotes needed to be escaped (" -> ") per the javascript formatting expectation.
                          Code:
                          Public Function postBackProc(page As String, data As String, user As String, userRights As Integer) As String
                          :
                                  AjaxUpdateList = New Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
                          :
                              'when an update to page is desired, can be multiple times depending upon update needs
                              AjaxUpdate(TOPICDIV & sIndex, TopicEntry(oMQTT, sIndex))
                          :
                          :
                                      With New StringBuilder
                                          Dim bFirst As Boolean = True
                                          For Each skvp As String In AjaxUpdateList
                                              If (skvp IsNot Nothing) Then
                                                  If bFirst Then
                                                      .Append("[")
                                                      bFirst = False
                                                  Else
                                                      .Append(",")
                                                  End If
                                                  .Append(q)
                                                  .Append(skvp)
                                                  .Append(q)
                                                  .Append(COMMA)
                                                  .Append(q)
                                                  .Append(Replace(AjaxUpdateList(skvp), q, "\" & q))
                                                  .Append(q)
                                              End If
                                          Next
                                          If Not bFirst Then
                                              .Append("]")
                                          End If
                                          Return .ToString()
                          End Function                
                          :
                          :
                              Private Sub AjaxUpdate(ByVal sElementName As String, ByVal sValue As String)
                                  AjaxUpdateList.Add(sElementName, sValue)
                              End Sub
                          The HS Ajax handler traps the data returned from the plugin postback looking for something starting with "PAGE_". These become the broswer-side commands that it execute on the plguin's behalf. An example "[""PAGE_POPMESSAGE"",""Feedback to User""]"
                          This means that the HS command such as below:
                          Code:
                          From:    Me.pageCommands.Add("popmessage", sValue & " duration needs to be in format dd hh:mm:ss (numer of days and time)")

To: AjaxUpdate("PAGE_popmessage", sValue & " duration needs to be in format dd hh:mm:ss (numer of days and time)")
                          Since I used the Ajax refresh timer with HS3, and I did not see how it was being provided in HS4, I added the function to my javascript and invoked it with the body onLoad event on any page that needs this capability
                          In my case I always prefixed the Ajax responses with the internally-generated page identifier so if multipages were open I would know which needs the Ajax postback response. I put this in a form tag in HS4 so my timer update function could find it.
                          The remainder of the postback logic based upon the periodic timer did not change for HS4

Code:
                          In HS3 GetPagePlugin
                          Me.AddAjaxHandlerPost(MyPageId & UPDATECOUNTS & "=", MQTT_PAGE)
                          Me.RefreshIntervalMilliSeconds = 2000

In HS4 GetPagePlugin
                          :
                          .Append("<form id='pageId'><input type='hidden' value='" & MyPageId & "'></form>")

In HS4 MQTT.html

<body class="homeseer-skin" onLoad="update_timer('updatecounts=1', 'mcsMQTT/MQTT.html', 2000);">
                          :
                          :
                              <script type="text/JavaScript">
                              function update_timer(postbackName,pageName,interval) {
                                  var pageId;
                                  var formType = document.getElementById("pageId");
                                  if (typeof formType != "undefined") {
                                      pageId = formType[0].value + postbackName;
                                  }
                                  else {
                                      pageId = postbackName;
                                  }
                                  //alert (pageId);
                                  setInterval(function(){AjaxPost(pageId,pageName);},interval);
                              }
                              </script>
                          Putting this together I created one .css file and one .js file to accumulate the customization that I have done that can be used across my plugins

Code:
                          File: \mcsMQTT\mcs.css
                          ----------------------
                          .text-samecase {text-transform: none;}

File: \mcsMQTT\mcs.js
                          ---------------------
                              <script type="text/JavaScript">
                                  function PostBackFunction(e,p) {
                                  //alert("pb " + e.name + e.value + e.type + e.checked + e.selected + e.value +  e[e.value].label );
                                      var jsonData;
                                      if (e.type=="checkbox"){jsonData = e.name + "=" + e.checked;}
                                      else if (e.type=="select-one") {jsonData = e.name + "=" + e[e.value].label}
                                      else {jsonData = e.name + "=" + e.value;}
                                      AjaxPost(jsonData,p);
                                  }

function after_postback() {
                                  }
                                  function update_timer(postbackName,pageName,interval) {
                                      var pageId;
                                      var formType = document.getElementById("pageId");
                                      if (typeof formType != "undefined") {
                                          pageId = formType[0].value + postbackName;
                                      }
                                      else {
                                          pageId = postbackName;
                                      }
                                      //alert (pageId);
                                      setInterval(function(){AjaxPost(pageId,pageName);},interval);
                                  }

</script>

File: \mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.html
                           ---------------------------

<!DOCTYPE html>
                           <html lang="en">

<head>
                               <meta charset="utf-8">
                               <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
                               <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no, user-scalable=no">
                               <meta name="description" content="">
                               <meta name="author" content="HomeSeer">

{{includefile 'bootstrap/css/page_common.css'}}
                               <link href="/mcsMQTT/mcs.css" rel="stylesheet">
                               <link href="/css/hs.css" rel="stylesheet">

<title>MQTT Setup</title>

</head>

<body class="homeseer-skin" onLoad="update_timer('updatecounts=1', 'mcsMQTT/MQTT.html', 2000);">

{{includefile 'header.html'}}
                               {{includefile 'navbar.html'}}

<div class="container" id="main_content">
                               <ul class="nav nav-tabs hs-tabs" role="tablist">
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light active" id="settings-page1.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page1" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="true">Assocations</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page2.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page2" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">Edit/Add</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page3.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page3" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">Publist/Sign</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page4.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page4" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">General</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page5.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page5" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">Statistics</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page6.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page6" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">History</a>
                               <li Class="nav-item">
                               <a Class="nav-link waves-light waves-effect waves-light" id="settings-page7.tab" data-toggle="tab" href="#settings-page7" role="tab" aria-controls="settings-page1" aria-selected="false">Chart</a>
                               </ul>
                               </div>

<div class="tab-content" container>
                                       {{
                                       parms = ['MQTT', '']
                                       udn=queries['Edit']
                                       if (udn != empty) && (udn != '')
                                         parms = ['Edit', udn]
                                       end
                                       udn=queries['Chart']
                                           parms = ['Chart', udn]
                                       end
                                       udn=queries['Payload']
                                           parms = ['Payload', udn]
                                       end
                                       udn=queries['Sign']
                                           parms = ['Sign', udn]
                                       end
                                   }}
                                   {{plugin_function 'mcsMQTT' 'PagePreLoad' parms}}
                               </div>

{{includefile 'bootstrap/js/page_common.js'}}
                               {{includefile 'mcsMQTT/mcs.js'}}

</body>
                          </html>

Comment

If your postback is in a pagebuilder class you can use these calls to things like update divs, etc.:

https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...#.pagecommands
                            https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...m#.divtoupdate

Note that HS4 only supports:

divtoupdate
                            newpage
                            refresh
                            popmessage

I can add more if needed. The commands are in the ajaxpost function in page_common.js file in the html/bootstrap/js folder.

I will need to investigate the guided process but you should be able to get a postback on each step and then just update the divs that need new content.
                            According to page_common.js, divtoupdate isn't implemented:

Code:
                            switch(pageCmd.toLowerCase()) {
                                                    case 'popmessage':
                                                        alert(sResponse[i + 1]);
                                                        after_postback();
                                                        break;
                                                    case 'newpage':
                                                        location.assign(sResponse[i+1]);
                                                        //window.location.replace(sResponse[i+1]);
                                                        break;
                                                    case 'refresh':
                                                        if(sResponse[i+1].toLowerCase() == 'true') {
                                                            returnTrue = true;
                                                            location.reload();
                                                        }
                                                        break;
                            Are we going to get real documentation on this stuff anytime soon? If it weren't for your posts in this thread, I don't know how anyone would know to use "PAGE_" at all...

Comment

HomeSeer owes us a more useful API and documentation!!! We shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel for every possible senario and re-code javascripts and postbacks as referenced above. This is a serious set back for me and I may never upgrade my plugins anytime soon as I can not justify the effort required for such a small sales price that is shared with HS.
                              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                                This is exactly how I build my pages, using a dataset table as the source to build a page/table with many rows, each having their own action buttons with IDs numbered by row. This is all done dynamically based on how many rows the source table contains. rjh an example of how to do this the new way would be great and would save me a ton of time.

This is the page I am trying to re-create. Rows can be added and deleted, as well as re-ordered. The table DIV would update in the event the user changed something (add a row, reorder etc). Each button has a unique ID based on it's row just like how lpitman is doing it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Envcan_parse_screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	1351390

Comment

Working...
                                X