X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    do you guys trusts the hs3/4 built-in ini routines? i gave up on them in HS3, and implemented a third party ini class. My HS3 ini file kept getting truncated/corrupted when hs3 crashed or was shutdown in correctly
    Never had any issue with it but I don't use it as a streaming database, just for settings and they are easily a few hundred entries.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    do you guys trusts the hs3/4 built-in ini routines? i gave up on them in HS3, and implemented a third party ini class. My HS3 ini file kept getting truncated/corrupted when hs3 crashed or was shutdown in correctly
    I've never had an issue with the built-in routines. I am writing a new plugin that will 'cache' the INI settings instead of reading them for every device event. I've even thought about a built-in timer to get any new settings every 'x' minutes or so.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lpitman
    replied
    duh, I should have figured that one out...I guess I'm a little frazzled trying to get this plugin done.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Use HomeseerSystem.GetIniSetting
    The section is “Settings” but you can see that if you open the ini file

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    +1 following...

Leave a comment:

• lpitman
    started a topic Retrieving Settings from INI file

Retrieving Settings from INI file

Is there away to retrieve my settings when the plugin loads without creating Protected Overloads Sub LoadSettingsFromIni() ? The settings page reads in the values fine, but how do I access them in my plugin?
Working...
X