X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 build 4.0.0.29 posted

Release notes are here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-sdk-on-github

The event editing page is completed in this build. If you see any issue or anything missing, please post.

This build also fixes the status display for HS3 plugins. If an HS3 plugin included HTML in the status, it did not display properly. This build now displays the status the same way HS3 did. This may result in some strange display issues. If you see any, please post so we can resolve. I test it with a few plugins including MCS Sprinklers and the display looks OK.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rich,

This release is again accompanied by a new version of the PluginSDK.dll, with a version still set to 1.0.6.0, but compiled on 25/10.
    We are waiting for more then two weeks on the release notes of this new PluginSDK. When will this happen? Because the 3rd party developers are working on a guessing game here, which cannot be good for the quality of coding....

The github has been silent now for more then two weeks, despite us posting issues and questions here. It would be nice if those issues were addressed at east once a week?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Yuch... tested my beta with the new PluginSDK:

Code:
       [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]okt-27 12:59:11[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error while getting feature 0 : De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error while getting feature 0 : De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]okt-27 12:59:10[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]socket opened for RaspBee Wim on 192.168.1.11:443[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing SensorModels[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing SensorTypes[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing lampTypes[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#009966]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]==============================================================================================[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#996600]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]12 Animations available for use in this plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]0 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]38 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#660099]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]-------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      [TR]
       			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]2 Thermostat(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee Wim' with 2 supporting HS device(s)[/COLOR][/TD]
       		[/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      Double checked and the errors are thrown from the PluginSDK, not my plugin....

I will just sit back and wait for updated SDK documentation then.....
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Rich,

This release is again accompanied by a new version of the PluginSDK.dll, with a version still set to 1.0.6.0, but compiled on 25/10.
        We are waiting for more then two weeks on the release notes of this new PluginSDK. When will this happen? Because the 3rd party developers are working on a guessing game here, which cannot be good for the quality of coding....

The github has been silent now for more then two weeks, despite us posting issues and questions here. It would be nice if those issues were addressed at east once a week?

Wim
        I agree the release notes should be updated, but note that since the SDK is open source, if you really want to see what changes have been made, you can scan the dozen of commits done since version 1.0.5: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/commits/master

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          This build also fixes the status display for HS3 plugins. If an HS3 plugin included HTML in the status, it did not display properly. This build now displays the status the same way HS3 did. This may result in some strange display issues. If you see any, please post so we can resolve. I test it with a few plugins including MCS Sprinklers and the display looks OK.
          rjh Rich,

I thought I would try my performance monitor plugin which creates status charts using HTML. I have got them to display correctly but needed to add a bootstrap class due to alignment problems. My issue is that everything is fine if they are not grouped. As soon as they are grouped (old parent/child relationship), you lose access to the charts. Clicking on the children displays the control page for that device stripped of HTML, leaving just the text. It is the same in list view. Is this work in progress? Hopefully the images below clarify the issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PM3.png Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1335826
          ^ Devices ungrouped ^

Click image for larger version  Name:	PM2.png Views:	0 Size:	7.4 KB ID:	1335827
          ^ Devices grouped ^

Click image for larger version  Name:	PM1.png Views:	0 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	1335829
          ^ When clicking on a child on the root device ^

Click image for larger version  Name:	PM4.png Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1335830
          ^ As shown on the device utility page ^
          Attached Files
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I agree the release notes should be updated, but note that since the SDK is open source, if you really want to see what changes have been made, you can scan the dozen of commits done since version 1.0.5: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/commits/master
            You are kidding right? That would force me to understand the complete PluginSDK, where I am only interested in how to call the functions offered.
            -- Wim

Comment

With an extra remark, the current pluginSDK 1.0.6 is not even published to the github.....
              -- Wim

Comment

With an extra remark, the current pluginSDK 1.0.6 is not even published to the github.....
                what do you mean?
                it is there in the releases: https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/releases

and the release notes are actually here:
                https://github.com/HomeSeer/Plugin-SDK/pull/21

Comment

Please look ant the installation of 4.0.0.29. The pluginSDK is not dated 16 days ago? it is dated as compiled 10/25..... and it is definitally destroying my work in the past days
                  And I am referring to https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Release+Notes for release notes? That is not updated?
                  if this should have been pointing to the link you just send, please update it?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Please look ant the installation of 4.0.0.29. The pluginSDK is not dated 16 days ago? it is dated as compiled 10/25..... and it is definitally destroying my work in the past days
                    The plugin SDK may have been recompiled, but I don't think there are any other changes than what is on github.

And I am referring to https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/Release+Notes for release notes? That is not updated?
                    if this should have been pointing to the link you just send, please update it?
                    Yes the release notes should have been updated there, and I asked JLDubz to update them last week, but he must have forgotten.
                    My point was that there is other ways to see what are the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      The plugin SDK may have been recompiled, but I don't think there are any other changes than what is on github.
                      Check my earlier post? Those errors went away when I reversed the update.
                      Of course I cannot be sure those errors came from the PluginSDK, but looking at the contents it is.
                      I think it might even be the plugins calling the hsfeature functions without a reference or something, but it is a 100% guessing game as the error does not get passed to the plugin. Have not been able to locate it even here.

I even went a step further and searched the PluginSDK code for an error text containing "Error while getting feature", "Error while getting", "while getting". No go on these.....
                      -- Wim

Comment

Let me load that plugin and have a look. My goal is to have HS3 plugins display ok. If I have to display the status in a separate windows or pop-up, I can do that. So far I have not seen a reason to do that.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

rjh Rich,

I thought I would try my performance monitor plugin which creates status charts using HTML. I have got them to display correctly but needed to add a bootstrap class due to alignment problems. My issue is that everything is fine if they are not grouped. As soon as they are grouped (old parent/child relationship), you lose access to the charts. Clicking on the children displays the control page for that device stripped of HTML, leaving just the text. It is the same in list view. Is this work in progress? Hopefully the images below clarify the issue.

Click image for larger version Name:	PM3.png Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1335826
                        ^ Devices ungrouped ^

Click image for larger version Name:	PM2.png Views:	0 Size:	7.4 KB ID:	1335827
                        ^ Devices grouped ^

Click image for larger version Name:	PM1.png Views:	0 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	1335829
                        ^ When clicking on a child on the root device ^

Click image for larger version Name:	PM4.png Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1335830
                        ^ As shown on the device utility page ^

Comment

Check my earlier post? Those errors went away when I reversed the update.
                          Of course I cannot be sure those errors came from the PluginSDK, but looking at the contents it is.
                          I think it might even be the plugins calling the hsfeature functions without a reference or something, but it is a 100% guessing game as the error does not get passed to the plugin. Have not been able to locate it even here.

I even went a step further and searched the PluginSDK code for an error text containing "Error while getting feature", "Error while getting", "while getting". No go on these.....
                          These errors are probably not thrown by the PluginSdk, but by HS4 itself.
                          Can you pinpoint when these errors are logged. For example is it when you call GetFeatureByRef / GetDeviceByRef?
                          If so, can you say which feature is causing the problem, and post the code that you used to create it?

Comment

Do you know which call is throwing the error and what the parameters are?

The SDK gets compiled on the build systems so its date will change, but there are no changes to the SDK as far as I know.

Yuch... tested my beta with the new PluginSDK:

Code:
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]okt-27 12:59:10[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]socket opened for RaspBee Wim on 192.168.1.11:443[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing SensorModels[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing SensorTypes[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Importing lampTypes[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#009966]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#009966]==============================================================================================[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]12 Animations available for use in this plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]0 Local scenes available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]38 Presets available for use in the JowiHue plugin[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#660099]okt-27 12:59:04[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#660099]-------------------------------------Plugin info ---------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#996600]2 Thermostat(s) found on bridge 'RaspBee Wim' with 2 supporting HS device(s)[/COLOR][/TD]
                            [/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            Double checked and the errors are thrown from the PluginSDK, not my plugin....

I will just sit back and wait for updated SDK documentation then.....

Comment

Rich,

Wim
                              Wim did you check the settings of the packaged components to NOT copy it into the Homeseer directory because that would explain newer dates on dlls. I once had very weird behavior after an SDK upgrade because my Homeseer root directory had some dlls that were copied using Visual Studio and caused conflicts.
                              Just a suggestion to look at.
                              Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X