Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you force a pop-up when a PI initializes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you force a pop-up when a PI initializes?

I'm thinking about migration and one thought was, to check at start-up whether there are HS3 PI related settings and if so, prompt the user to either ignore the HS3 info and start fresh for HS4 or do migration of the info from HS3 to HS4 (think feature devices, events etc).

I like in the sample plugin the "guided process" sample that is suggested to run at start-up, but I would like to run this at init. So when a user clicks on activating the PI, I would like to see a pop up that request the user how to proceed (or just terminate right there). Is that possible?

rjh thoughts?

Many people are starting their machines remotely. I would not really advice to use a popup on the HS machine? I am sure I woud miss that message?
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Many people are starting their machines remotely. I would not really advice to use a popup on the HS machine? I am sure I woud miss that message?
      Hear ye, but this is not starting the machine, this is clicking on "enable" PI, so whether they do remote or not, they would be looking at the HS web screen and the pop up is just part of the same UI

Comment

Ok, got it now indeed. Was thinking you wanted to do a windows popup or something similar, but it is a webpage popu you are looking for...
        Don't know if that is possible from here
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X