Command Line Arguments - Remote Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line Arguments - Remote Server

To debug in HS3, I connect to a remote server. I've always passed along "server=192.168.1.xxx" in the command line. I am tinkering with one of the HS4 sample plugins and this appears to no longer work. I would appreciate help in resolving my issue.

I did this when I first started with HS4, but been too long and don’t have remnants. What I think you need to do is overload the abstract plugin Connect method and pass the parameter at that point. I always hard coded the IP when I was testing so did not actually parse command line. Worth a try.

If I remember correctly when the plugin connects the HS4 prints something like server = xxxx which implies there is some logic that it is using to get the remote IP.

Comment

The IP address for the Abstract Plugin is a protected property. Not an ideal way to do it but I simply added the address to my HSPI() constructor right under LogDebug property. Obviously the IP address is the remote HS4 server. I am hoping at some point HS will make it a public attribute again.

Code:
              public HSPI() {
                  //Initialize the plugin

//Enable internal debug logging to console
                  LogDebug = true;
                  //Setup anything that needs to be configured before a connection to HomeSeer is established
                  // like initializing the starting state of anything needed for the operation of the plugin

//Such as initializing the settings pages presented to the user (currently saved state is loaded later)
      [COLOR=#B22222][B]           IpAddress = "192.168.12.174";[/B][/COLOR]
                  InitializeSettingsPages();

//Or adding an event action or trigger type definition to the list of types supported by your plugin
                  ActionTypes.AddActionType(typeof(WriteLogSampleActionType));
                  TriggerTypes.AddTriggerType(typeof(SampleTriggerType));
              }
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I appreciate both of your responses. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X